What to do next???? Wow

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

luvDrecoil

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
SMS is right. We KNOW there are LEO out there who do not honor the badge. You need to be very, very careful when dealing with an unknown entity (in this case a contacting LEO). I've said it here more times than I can count, but it bears repeating, the side of the road is very rarely, if ever, the place to question authority. If you think an officer is or has overstepped the bounds of his badge ask for a supervisor and make mental notes of what is said and done before the supervisor gets there. Until the supervisor arrives, comply with the officer.

I've had a couple of incidents where I thought an officer either mistreated me or mine or overstepped their authority since I married GC. I'm a police officer's wife, for Chrissake and I still didn't argue with the officers in question. I complied with the officers, did what I was told to do, got badge numbers, made mental note of a few certain actions and personal mannerisms that would bolster my case and called commanders. Did anybody get fired that day? I doubt it. But I do know that one of those officers is now off the force he was working with (like someone else said, enough paper in anyone's file will get the job done).

That said, I've also had several more incidents where officers cut me slack I didn't deserve and where officers helped me out of jams ... Yeah, I know ... I have a bit of a lead foot ... Working on that ...

My point is there are still a lot more good officers out there than bad, but if you run into one of the bad ones and try to buck up, things will not go your way and you will simply give the bad guy what he wants. Don't be that citizen. Be the one who gets that one more sheet of paper in the bad cop's file. Who knows ... you may be the "sheet of paper" that gets the SOB off the street, which is what we ALL want.

BB, I have read a lot of your posts over the years here... And this is the best of them that I have read. I will always side with my friend because Ive known him most of my life but you are 100% correct on the actions that should have been taken here. U think this could have went a lot smoother if He would have just showed license and then said I'd like to speak to your supervisor

nofearfactor

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If an officer looks legit and comes up to me no matter if I was just standing there and asks to see my permit its out as fast as I can get it out. Thats about it. ( The old movie 'No Time For Sargents' always comes to mind to me in times like this. The Sgt telling the private- Andy Griffith- the canoe story).

Latest posts

Top Bottom