What to do next???? Wow

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Old Fart

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
History has shown us there are azzhats in all professions and I'm not aware of any LEO's who don't want them culled from the herd.

One things for sure, we'll have to wait to see if there's any fire with this smoke.

luvDrecoil

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I don't think there is gonna be a dashcam. The trooper was not behind him, he was parked a couple of spots down. I'm workin on gettin the report and I'll see what it says

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I don't think there is gonna be a dashcam. The trooper was not behind him, he was parked a couple of spots down. I'm workin on gettin the report and I'll see what it says

Without something on audio or video, it's one person's word against others. He could file a complaint but unless someone admits to wrongdoing, it'll get filed away. IF that particular trooper gets enough complaints in his file, it might eventually go somewhere. If not, it'll be forgotten.

SMS

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Two good lessons from this thread:

1) There is always more to the story
2) If you are going to argue with a cop, you should know WTF you are talking about. (especially knowing that there are some LEOs out there looking for an excuse to exert their authority)

BadgeBunny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
SMS is right. We KNOW there are LEO out there who do not honor the badge. You need to be very, very careful when dealing with an unknown entity (in this case a contacting LEO). I've said it here more times than I can count, but it bears repeating, the side of the road is very rarely, if ever, the place to question authority. If you think an officer is or has overstepped the bounds of his badge ask for a supervisor and make mental notes of what is said and done before the supervisor gets there. Until the supervisor arrives, comply with the officer.

I've had a couple of incidents where I thought an officer either mistreated me or mine or overstepped their authority since I married GC. I'm a police officer's wife, for Chrissake and I still didn't argue with the officers in question. I complied with the officers, did what I was told to do, got badge numbers, made mental note of a few certain actions and personal mannerisms that would bolster my case and called commanders. Did anybody get fired that day? I doubt it. But I do know that one of those officers is now off the force he was working with (like someone else said, enough paper in anyone's file will get the job done).

That said, I've also had several more incidents where officers cut me slack I didn't deserve and where officers helped me out of jams ... Yeah, I know ... I have a bit of a lead foot ... Working on that ...

My point is there are still a lot more good officers out there than bad, but if you run into one of the bad ones and try to buck up, things will not go your way and you will simply give the bad guy what he wants. Don't be that citizen. Be the one who gets that one more sheet of paper in the bad cop's file. Who knows ... you may be the "sheet of paper" that gets the SOB off the street, which is what we ALL want.

Lightsluvr

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
One last suggestion. Get your own dash cam w/ audio. You can buy them for less than $50. They use up to a 32GB memory card to constantly record. They mount on a swiveled suction cup and can easily be turned from windshield view to passenger window view, or wherever you need them to record.

LL

saddlebum

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Not so fast... there's a SCOTUS decision that says that a visible handgun is NOT RAS for a stop. Given the facts presented in this thread, this man appears to me to have a case under 42 USC 1983. I've seen settlements lately in the 15K-22K range. Get a lawyer..[/.QUOTE]

there aren't any FACTS presented here only a .second hand story from someone who wasn't there

FakeHuman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Strange that the trooper would come up and ask for the CCL out of the blue. Seems to me that he or she must have caught a glimpse of the weapon and came over to verify that the person was legally carrying. If it would have been me, I would have shown my CCL, no issue with doing so at all. I understand standing up for ones rights, but some carry it a bit far it seems.

Latest posts

Top Bottom