What to do next???? Wow

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

luvDrecoil

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
There's not more to the story. This is true and unedited. When the guys at county read the report they even treated him differently and said he should not be in jail and said this same trooper had brought others in to jail on minor misdemeanors after making traffic stops in town. I was under the impression that they didn't do much in town and stayed on highways and county roads

BadgeBunny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm wondering why you are here asking for internet advice. Here's the deal. There's ALWAYS more to the story -- whether that is to your friend's detriment or favor, I cannot tell you. Your friend has 4 courses of action:

1. He can pay the fine and go on about his life; or
2. He can talk to the DA, although I'm thinking it might be a little late for that. Once the judge rules I'm not to sure any DA would be all that keen to buck him; or
3. He can call the trooper's commander, file a complaint and see where that goes; or
4. He can get a lawyer if he wants to pursue this in civil court.

Nothing like this has ever been solved on the internet.

luvDrecoil

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I brought here to the legal/2nd amendment board to see if others thought this was out of line. I know a lot of you are law enforcement on here and that's why I came here not general discussion or Facebook. Let's just assume for arguments sake that what I have posted is accurate, is this officers actions far enough out of line to press the issue or just take it as a bad day and go on? It's still innocent til proven guilty in this state isn't it?

Old Fart

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
luvDrecoil
For what it's worth I'm not discounting anything you said as untrue. I'm just saying that's a pretty brief description. There has to have been a reason why the guy was even on their radar. I pranced around in my front yard with my tackleberry strapped on open carry the first day it was legal and had 3 different LEO's pass by without incidence. So for your buddy to get singled out makes me wonder why.

BadgeBunny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I brought here to the legal/2nd amendment board to see if others thought this was out of line. I know a lot of you are law enforcement on here and that's why I came here not general discussion or Facebook. Let's just assume for arguments sake that what I have posted is accurate, is this officers actions far enough out of line to press the issue or just take it as a bad day and go on? It's still innocent til proven guilty in this state isn't it?

Based on the assumptions you have stated yes, and yes ...

piston10

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
luvDrecoil
For what it's worth I'm not discounting anything you said as untrue. I'm just saying that's a pretty brief description. There has to have been a reason why the guy was even on their radar. I pranced around in my front yard with my tackleberry strapped on open carry the first day it was legal and had 3 different LEO's pass by without incidence. So for your buddy to get singled out makes me wonder why.

This is what I don't understand. Why was there contact with the officer in the first place. OP says he just walked up to the car for no reason and asked to see the permit, this makes no sense to me.

Latest posts

Top Bottom