Where Have All The AR Parts Gone?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
OMG all is well, The Zombies are not coming, most everyone lived through the last election, and guess what, chances are that you will live through this one. And if the end of the world is coming in Dec. of 2012, do you really want to be alive in a waste land like Mad Max.

Shortages; guess what it is not the end of the world if you do not buy a AR15 or have the parts to build your 17th one for this year or two.

Ammo; you may not go shooting for a few months, it will not kill you to stay at home and spend some quality time with the family, or go to Church, or volunteer to do some cherty work.

The human nature of gun collectors and hunters dictates that if we think something is going to be taken away, or there is rumors of a shortage, we are more than willing to pay a high price so that we will have ours. Or complain about it and want everyone else to be as upset about as we are. Save your money, invest it in land, or a class 3 weapon and watch your investment grow.

By go to Walmart and buying all the ammo you can, or purchasing all the weapons you can, you are just adding to the hysteria. If you want to buy a weapon because you have always wanted one, and you plan to shoot it for sport etc, by all means buy one.

If you are buying one because you are afraid you will not have one because they are all being bought up, or you think you will need one for the end of the world, relax, take a deep breath, let it out slow a few times, and think about it, it might be better to buy milk and food for the family, and save your money.

By buying ammo and weapons now before the prices skyrocket for a year or more after the election, you're contributing to the hysteria? I think not... I recently bought 5 AR-15 lowers, as I know that just 4 years ago, they became much more expensive and harder to find... for quite a while. I am insulating myself against the cost of having to pay a lot more in a year, or having to wait for a year until prices go back down. I'm not afraid it's going to be the end of the world, or that they won't be available, but if on the off chance that something like that happens, I will be prepared.

And in the meantime, I still spend plenty of time with my family, buy bread and milk anytime we need them and am putting away for the future at the same time. Heck, if I put $800 in each of my ARs, then next year can sell them for $1500 or more should the need or opportunity arise, is that a bad investment?

I dunno... I don't think so.

pinkhamr

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
;)

www_google_com_url_1d4f7e278c8c918d62f1f23ec71a5774._.jpg

HiredHand

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Old and debunked....for the love of god why don't people do their own research before spreading internet crap?

Besides, it doesn't matter where all the parts have gone since the New Madrid fault is going into hyperdrive at the end of this month and we'll all be dead. I know cuz I got an email about it. LOL.

People love hearing about the next doomsday.

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
I guess I haven't noticed it. I buy from bravo co USA, rainier arms, and larue tactical. Maybe I'm just lucky and te things I needed are always in stock. Ordered a BCG from BCM a couple weeks ago and it was on my doorstep in two days. And it's 'better quality' than RRA or stag. In my experience, BCM, LaRue, and hsgi have the absolute fastest shipping of anyone. (if it's in stock of coarse).

What exactly about a BCM-sold BCG is better quality than RRA? Not slamming them, as I know nothing about them, but I'm trying to learn what makes one better than another to justify massive differences in price.

AllOut

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Me. The money I'd save with liability only wouldn't nearly cover the cost of replacement. I can afford the extra insurance, but not the cost of the whole vehicle.

I see this as being prepared. If you want to build something down the road, the parts aren't going to get any cheaper. They may dry up completely for long periods of time. I remember the primer shortages back in 2006-2007. Sure, I don't NEED 50,000 primers on hand at a time, but I've gotten low enough before to get concerned. :(

For people that own newer vehicles that are payed off it's understandable. But I payed $1800 for an older Cherokee for a DD a few years back and the price of full coverage would have bought the jeep in two years so that's not not a great idea. Heck I remember hearing people all the time say they are about to make their last payment and glad so they could drop the insurance to liability. Or my 80 CJ7 when I was just out of high school I built and had just a few grand in, at that age full coverage would buy that jeep every year.

But I'm with you on the primers... I have a few cases right now and did in the shortage as well. I got a kick out of posting pics of a case on guys starting a thread of "where to find primers"
Heck I didn't even know there was a shortage til I started seeing those threads pop up.

Kiyot

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
This is just a guess....

The panic buying has started. Obama's re-election is inevitable and those who have accepted it are using their tax returns to stock up ahead of the election.

While Mark may have some parts in stock at the moment, over the next few months he will see longer and longer lead teams and more and more backorders.

The panic buying officially starts I think when Spikes Tactical raises their prices overnight.

Latest posts

Top Bottom