Where Have All The AR Parts Gone?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Super Dave

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Damn, there are literally 3 different threads going on in here. :bolt:

You get used to it.

Read the whole thing (if you haven't already). Only way to tell what they're going on about. If you don't, it sounds like this:

Mass hysteria has caused the price of insurance on guns to end the world!!!

Johnny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Thanks SD. I have read the whole thing it is just really funny how far we can get off topic so quickly. For my contribution, I hope your show planning is going well. I can't wait until you get to Claremore.

Hump66

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I guess I haven't noticed it. I buy from bravo co USA, rainier arms, and larue tactical. Maybe I'm just lucky and te things I needed are always in stock. Ordered a BCG from BCM a couple weeks ago and it was on my doorstep in two days. And it's 'better quality' than RRA or stag. In my experience, BCM, LaRue, and hsgi have the absolute fastest shipping of anyone. (if it's in stock of coarse).
What exactly about a BCM-sold BCG is better quality than RRA? Not slamming them, as I know nothing about them, but I'm trying to learn what makes one better than another to justify massive differences in price.

I think he's just pimping his sponsors.

Super Dave

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Thanks SD. I have read the whole thing it is just really funny how far we can get off topic so quickly. For my contribution, I hope your show planning is going well. I can't wait until you get to Claremore.

I think you are thinking of superdave65. Happens all the time. :wink2:

As for the off topic, you will find a lot of A.D.D. here. Oooo ponies!!!:hyper:

Copper01

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Finding in stock AR15 parts has been hit and miss for me too. I just figured, like me, everyone is blowing those tax returns on parts. I just assumed it happens every year about this time.

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
What exactly about a BCM-sold BCG is better quality than RRA? Not slamming them, as I know nothing about them, but I'm trying to learn what makes one better than another to justify massive differences in price.

BCM tries to follow the Technical Data Package (TDP) for the AR platform as a military arm. "Mil-Spec" is a meaningless term in the AR market. It's so overly tortured and misused that it's lost all value. Only Colt and FN actually have the TDP, but it's easy to find out what all goes into it. Very few supposed "good" AR manufacturers do this. Colt, FN, Knight's Armament, Daniel Defense and BCM readily come to mind. Upper tier manufacturers like Noveske, Larue, Knight's Armamment, White Oak Armament, JP Rifles, etc., make rifles that don't necessarly follow the TDP, but they meet or exceed it in every respect. As for the BCM, google the "BCM Filthy 14" for an example of why it's considerd so highly.

Companies like Spikes, DPMS, RRA, Bushmaster, Stag, Olympic Arms, Del-Ton, Model 1 Sales, CMMG, etc., take shortcuts in various areas that allow them to hold down costs. That's not necessarily always a bad thing, particularly for the AR hobbyist. However, it's not a good idea for a hard use defense or battle implement. There's a reason you don't see these deployed on the battlefield.

You'll find a lot of hate and angst on the subject, particularly among those that get either butthurt that their's isn't considered top tier, or the elitists who say that any non-top tier AR is an abomination. I prefer to recognize the strengths and weaknesses of the various makes and models, understand what each needs to perform a specific set of functions and plan accordingly. I've owned Olympic, Bushmaster, DPMS, etc. stuff before, but I now own Colt, Noveske and BCM. The others did what I needed them to do at the time, but my expectations are more "rigorous" now.

Hope this helps.

Latest posts

Top Bottom