Whitewash 10/22 stock? What u think?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kpk

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Well I'm working on a 10/22 with .920 barrel all polished ss and alloy (the receiver). What do u all think whitewash/blonde would look like? ****, gay, or good? I've got all kinds of wood color guns maybe something different. They also have a ebony stain that's dang near black that may look good. It's the original stock that I enlarged for the barrel. Btw that's a helluva job!

NikatKimber

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator
Reaction score
I can imagine that being some work, but I think it would look good if done right. Don't forget to take before and after pictures! You'll regret it if you don't.

I like the dark almost black look with the Stainless/silver metal finish. So I'd probably be inclined to go with the Ebony stain. Now, a rich red stain is pretty nice too. And I have to say as far as wood goes, I like the redder stains.

MBB

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If it were me, I'd go with a darker stain (I prefer reddish stains) that contrast with the light colored barrel.

I'm having trouble imagining what the blonde colored stock would look like, so I won't say it will look good or bad.

tauntdesigns

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Be sure to post pics, sounds like a good project.

I've have been thinking of painting a stock to look like carbon fiber. From reading about how to do it.... not sure I can pull it off.

kpk

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Actually I did buy some red mahoganey this morning, but traded it for ebony. I have too many red guns (that's what I like too!).

I am now narrowing it down to either ebony or whitewash. I think the white and ss would look clean!

I'll take pics.

AirMech74

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm working on a 10/22 build as well...I plan on stripping the original stock, which I tru oiled earlier this year and then Duracoating it...so I feel ya man..not sure how its gonna look.

tumbler

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I had this stock made out of a solid block of walnut and put 5 coats of linseed oil on it, that's my intention to one day set it with a stainless receiver barrel, I personally prefer darker wood on stainless metal but it could be interesting the way you're speaking of....

[Broken External Image]
[Broken External Image]

tumbler

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I had someone make it for me, channeled for .920 bull barrel, it looks even better in person, I just kinda lost interest in finishing it since I've been busy with so much other stuff..

Latest posts

Top Bottom