Who all is waiting for their CCW?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Stackle2

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I submitted my packet Dec 6 to the sherriffs office. OSBI says they got my application mid Jan. that is messed up right there. Sherriffs office is holding onto them.

Lightsluvr

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I submitted my packet Dec 6 to the sherriffs office. OSBI says they got my application mid Jan. that is messed up right there. Sherriffs office is holding onto them.

It does appear that the Oklahoma County sheriff's office is one source of delays...There was a three week delay with our applications. call Whetsel's office and raise hell. Another election is just around the corner.

LL

SSgtL

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
I turned mine into the Oklahoma County Sheriffs Office in MWC on Jan. 22nd. OSBI Cashed the check on Feb 5th...so it was right at the 14 day limit. I'm hoping it goes quicker at the OSBI since I'm military...anyone have any insight on this? This waiting game sucks!!!

CODE_3

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

Just remember it can take up to 14 days to complete your background check from the sheriff's office, then your app gets mailed off to OSBI where it can sit at OSBI up to a week before that open the mail.

SSgtL

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Thread has been a little slow lately...anyone else recently got there license and can shed some light on OSBI cashing the check to license in hand? Also, are they now mailing them directly to you...or are they going to the sheriffs office for pickup? GUZ...not necessarily, from what I understand you have now entered the longest portion of the wait. I'm just hoping I get mine before the end of march as I am taking a trip out of state and would like it for that. OSBI cashed my check on Feb. 5th and I already find myself checking my mail more even though I know it's not gonna be in there... sigh ... hopefully only another month or two and they will grant me my second amendment.

Rabbitcreekok

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Thread has been a little slow lately...anyone else recently got there license and can shed some light on OSBI cashing the check to license in hand? Also, are they now mailing them directly to you...or are they going to the sheriffs office for pickup? GUZ...not necessarily, from what I understand you have now entered the longest portion of the wait. I'm just hoping I get mine before the end of march as I am taking a trip out of state and would like it for that. OSBI cashed my check on Feb. 5th and I already find myself checking my mail more even though I know it's not gonna be in there... sigh ... hopefully only another month or two and they will grant me my second amendment.

They are being mailed directly to you so they don't have to lay around the SO.

Latest posts

Top Bottom