Who all is waiting for their CCW?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rains

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Turned in app Dec 22 but my card wasn't charged until a week later. Obviously the holidays got them behind a few days which more than likely will equate to 2-3 additional weeks processing times. No biggie though....

Trackwolf

New to the site!
Reaction score
Hello, new to this. Went to my local sheriff office in enid (garfield county) on thanksgiving week for prints and stuff,
Received a email from osbi on dec 3 stating they had received my app and would start processing, just wondering why hadn't heard anything? U c and hear some get there's in a month or less then some takes forever. Any advice ? Thanks

-DJ-

Marksman
Reaction score
Your local sheriff has 14 days to process your local background information then pass it onto the OSBI.
Once OSBI receives it, they can take up to 90 days.
But, lately, I've been hearing back from some of my students and they have been averaging a turnaround of about 45-60 days.
I know it sucks waiting but it will be worth it.

larryokc gave a good suggestion.... send them a nice email requesting status.
I have always gotten a good/quick response anytime I have emailed OSBI as well.

Johnson184

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Filled out the paperwork online on 12/3 and to it to the TCSO for fingerprints about a week later and got my license 12/29.

It says on their site you have to pay for the fingerprinting and 2 pictures with money order or check only. I think I'll pay for it with a money order... but who do I make it out to?

And if I do the application online and attach a photo then print it off in black/white, do I still need to pay for the two pictures at the Sheriff's office?

-DJ-

Marksman
Reaction score
It says on their site you have to pay for the fingerprinting and 2 pictures with money order or check only. I think I'll pay for it with a money order... but who do I make it out to?

And if I do the application online and attach a photo then print it off in black/white, do I still need to pay for the two pictures at the Sheriff's office?

For Tulsa County residents you would make out the money order "Tulsa County Sheriff’s Office"

If you do the application online, you have the option of uploading a photo, just make sure it meets all of the "passport" rules for a photo.
So, if you do go ahead and upload a photo, when you print your summary sheet to take to the sheriff, the photo is also printed out.
There is no need to pay for pics at the Sheriff if you do this.
You will still have to give them the $25 money order made out to the sheriff for them to process your finger prints and start the application process

Good luck

Johnson184

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
For Tulsa County residents you would make out the money order "Tulsa County Sheriff’s Office"

If you do the application online, you have the option of uploading a photo, just make sure it meets all of the "passport" rules for a photo.
So, if you do go ahead and upload a photo, when you print your summary sheet to take to the sheriff, the photo is also printed out.
There is no need to pay for pics at the Sheriff if you do this.
You will still have to give them the $25 money order made out to the sheriff for them to process your finger prints and start the application process

Good luck

Good to know! Is a black/white printout of the application summary with the photo ok?

Latest posts

Top Bottom