Why do we trade guns???

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lurker66

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Shoot, send the slide to Novak's for night sights, get the left side only of the stock Browning MK III ambi safety from Brownell's, get a Hi Power guy to install it for you, and refinish it in CeraKote or something similar, and you or her one would have a very fine carry gun.

It's on the list, after the AR build and after deer season.

TedKennedy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I trade guns all the time, usually just to shoot something new, or maybe it's too good a deal to pass up. Got a couple I won't ever get rid of - T/C Renegade I've had since '89, Ruger Super Six I bought new that same year, couple that were my grandpa's.
Too poor to own everything I want, so I just own 'em for a while.

twoguns?

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I trade guns all the time, usually just to shoot something new, or maybe it's too good a deal to pass up. Got a couple I won't ever get rid of - T/C Renegade I've had since '89, Ruger Super Six I bought new that same year, couple that were my grandpa's.
Too poor to own everything I want, so I just own 'em for a while.

This . but I dont have any of those nice guns...8)

clintbailey

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Maybe one's taste just changes? I went on a kick back in the spring/summer where I got rid of several semiautos to get more revolvers. Last year I bought a Keltec 380 for $180 because it was a decent price, and mainly to flip. Traded it + $100 to a guy a work for a Smith Airweight 38 snubby within two weeks. That Smith was a nice, accurate lil gun, but a few few weeks later found a guy on a FB page wanting one like it for his mom to carry, traded him the Airweight for a Dan Wesson 357 Mag., and remembered how much I enjoyed wheelguns! Still haven't regretted that deal! And now I own 6 revolvers!

nofearfactor

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My Wife is the only thing I married.

Everything else is For Sale.
This. Is. Me.

I was raised by used car dealers with gypsies in my background likely. Houses, cars, guitars/amps, guns, its all the same- buy em, play with em, trade or sell em, start over. For me it all started in the 2nd grade I think buying selling trading and playing with marbles and graduated to guitars and amps by junior high. Been at it ever since. It can be an addiction as bad as drugs or alcohol.

HonkyTonkHale

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I admit that my firearm inventory is in a constant state of flux, and that is half of the fun for me. I think I am seduced by the idea of the perfect gun, and I think that any new gun could be "The One". Even if it was, I would be stupid enough to get bored with it after a while anyway. My wife thinks I have some advanced case of FADD (Firearm Attention Defecit Disorder), and I cannot argue with that.

Latest posts

Top Bottom