Wife is wanting to get into shooting, start with rifle or pistol?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dutchwrangler

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Awesome! Looks like you've overcome the biggest hurdle, getting her interested.

It's been an ongoing process during our 6+ years of marriage. Her mind set is much different than mine not only gun rights but rights of the individual in general. I'll attribute this to the socialization of Canada where group rights prevail above individual rights. She's very receptive to learning as it's all new to her. And shooting firearms has her understanding the signifigance of individual rights. She's posts her thoughts and photos of her shooting firearms on Facebook for her family and friends (all living in Canada) to read. No doubt they don't understand it but who knows... maybe it'll cause them to think.

My only regret is that while she's now a legal green card holder, the state of Oklahoma discriminates against her (and other LEGAL residents) since she's not a US citizen by not allowing her to have a conceal carry permit under violation of the 14th Amendment. And since she has to wait five years before she can apply for US citizenship (which she intends to do), she is unable to protect herself outside of our home when we are apart during those next five years.

ldp4570

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
It's been an ongoing process during our 6+ years of marriage. Her mind set is much different than mine not only gun rights but rights of the individual in general. I'll attribute this to the socialization of Canada where group rights prevail above individual rights. She's very receptive to learning as it's all new to her. And shooting firearms has her understanding the signifigance of individual rights. She's posts her thoughts and photos of her shooting firearms on Facebook for her family and friends (all living in Canada) to read. No doubt they don't understand it but who knows... maybe it'll cause them to think.

My only regret is that while she's now a legal green card holder, the state of Oklahoma discriminates against her (and other LEGAL residents) since she's not a US citizen by not allowing her to have a conceal carry permit under violation of the 14th Amendment. And since she has to wait five years before she can apply for US citizenship (which she intends to do), she is unable to protect herself outside of our home when we are apart during those next five years.

I know exactly how you feel, and understand your wife's too. Mine is also Canadian, she and I both have been lazy about getting her naturalized, been married 20 this year, but she learned to shoot from her dad. Now as to the rest of her family, they are so far left, they can't see out of the black hole they are in!!!!

Latest posts

Top Bottom