WTF? really spleen sandwhich...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

1shott

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I mean, come on, rabbit kidneys and liver on toast was bad enough, but who the hell eats a cow spleen sandwhich.

Cedar Creek

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I don't know what a cow spleen looks like, but I have some Kiowa lady friends my age who are huge fans of cow entrails - kidneys raw or grilled and intestines cooked (bote), but there is one organ they rave about eating raw. They call it 'the bible" because the inner part has flaps that look like the pages of a book. It may be one of the cow's stomach's, but they eat it fresh and dip it in the juice from another organ that I am having trouble remembering. May be the spleen or something. In our discussions of tribal traditions they respond to my facial expression with "hey - it's all meat!"

Cedar Creek

Cohiba

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I never could build up the nerve to eat blood sausage..or as my Cajun buddies in Louisana call it..Boudin Noir.
[Broken External Image]

Mmmm,Mmmm..good ol' blood sausage.. fresh made!!! Fill that intestine with blood and I think boil it? Don't know, cause I can't do it!!
www.wineterroirs.com_images_2007_05_18_boudin_premier_remplissage.jpg

I can eat a lot of "unique" food items and like a challange!!! But there are two things even Cohiba won't or can't eat!!!

#1. Blood Sausage...can't stand the smell, setting on a plate in front of me, or watching anyone else eat it. It is in a solid form...just can't do it.

#2. Purely psychological....anything of the testicular type. No lamb fries or calf fries and yes I know Cattlemans probably has the best there is, but thats one item I won't or can't order!!

www.eatmedaily.com_wordpress_wp_content_uploads_2009_07_fries.jpg

Lamb Fries....HELL NO!!!!!

Now, brain tacos!!! Muy Sabroso...Mmmmm,Mmmmmm, Good/Muy Bien!!!
www_kcrw_com_etc_programs_gf_gf091017the_green_fairy_port_brain_tacos_jpg_image_preview_.jpg

wenceslaoalmazan.com_tshirt_red_sesos.jpg

Cohiba

Lone Wolf '49

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Damned you Rich, Cohiba, and Cedar Creek, this old guy has had a long day and then you kids bring this up? What is this old guy to do. I can't drink anymore wine now? Oh hell with it I will open another 50 gallon barrell. You kids are driving me nuttier than this old guy already is. Thanks kids.

Lone Wolf '49

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I don't know what a cow spleen looks like, but I have some Kiowa lady friends my age who are huge fans of cow entrails - kidneys raw or grilled and intestines cooked (bote), but there is one organ they rave about eating raw. They call it 'the bible" because the inner part has flaps that look like the pages of a book. It may be one of the cow's stomach's, but they eat it fresh and dip it in the juice from another organ that I am having trouble remembering. May be the spleen or something. In our discussions of tribal traditions they respond to my facial expression with "hey - it's all meat!"

Cedar Creek[/QUOTE

Cedar, you must tell me via PM where you know of the Kiowa? Thank you for your time and effort.
Lone Wolf

Lone Wolf '49

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

Cedar Creek

You are so correct. Can't say anymore.

ConstitutionCowboy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
My Dad used to eat tripe. It's cow udder. I'm thinking that was a hand-me-down acquired taste from his grandmother, a Blackfoot Indian by the name of Lumina.

It didn't smell bad when he'd fry it, but I couldn't get past the sight of it.

Now, if you offer up octopus, or frog legs ... Umm! Yummy! I think I'll pass on the spleen, though. There are more than enough tasty things for me to enjoy as it is.

Woody

Latest posts

Top Bottom