9mm AR

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

owu1bag5

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I want to build a 9mm ar. I have built 5 or 6 ar's now in 6.8 and 5.56 but i have no idea where to start with a 9mm build. Could you guys show me a parts list for a 9mm build, parts to stay away from, parts you found to be a must have. Maybe even links to websites you have ordered from in the past. I sorta know what i want the rifle to look like, it will be an sbr, it will be suppressed, honestly i want this rifle, or i want to build one really close to it.
i680.photobucket.com_albums_vv162_robar_g19_100_0351.jpg

Thanks for your replies.

ljb2of3

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I haven't started mine yet, but I do have a tentative parts list. Nearly everything is normal AR parts... the upper, lower, stock, grip, handguard, etc... are all normal AR parts. The only thing special is the barrel, bolt, mags, and a block that fits in the magwell to accept the 9mm mags. Also maybe the buffer, although I think you can run with a normal buffer too.

I found the BCG, magwell block, mags, and buffer over at spikestactical.com. Several other companies make magwell blocks, I just can't think of them off the top of my head. Barrels seem harder to find. I ended up finding them at adcofirearms.com and trosusa.com, tros has them with 3lug mounts.

Ignored Member

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Everything on that rifle came from Cold Hand Arms except the Primary Arms red dot/mount, the rail covers, the KNS pins, buffer, buffer spacer and the mags. The mount for the red dot was even duracoated at CHA.
Everything else was from Steve and he was very helpful with any questions I had along the way.

And thanks for liking my rifle so much you want to duplicate it :) I appreciate that.

Biggsly

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Everything on that rifle came from Cold Hand Arms except the Primary Arms red dot/mount, the rail covers, the KNS pins, buffer, buffer spacer and the mags. The mount for the red dot was even duracoated at CHA.
Everything else was from Steve and he was very helpful with any questions I had along the way.

And thanks for liking my rifle so much you want to duplicate it :) I appreciate that.
What forearm is that, and do they make it in a carbine lenght?

Ignored Member

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
The parts list:
Spikes upper and lower. Just regular upper and lower. A special 9mm upper isn't required for it to work, it just costs more and has a different shell deflector.
Spikes 9mm buffer and buffer spacer
Mil spec buffer tube
Magpul ACS in FDE
Magpul grip
5" threaded barrel (I think it's Noveske)
LPK that Steve had on hand
9mm bolt (CMMG)
YHM Todd Jarrett signature series 9" handguard
Primary Arms Aimpoint clone with FDE duracoated mount.

I think that's the jist of it. If you wanna meet out at H&H or Banner and run a few rounds through it you're welcome to. Send me a PM and we'll get together if you're interested. Just bring as many jacketed rounds as you wanna shoot. (lead bullets could damage the suppressor)