9mm AR

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

338Shooter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have 16 C Products mags and they all work fine.

Tried the Troy TRX-E rail out. Not sure if I like it better than the YHM diamond I had.

I use a standard M16 hammer and a RRA bolt I ramped myself.

i306.photobucket.com_albums_nn269_dustingaunder_Guns_20and_20Related_ARs_2ce761a3.jpg

i306.photobucket.com_albums_nn269_dustingaunder_Guns_20and_20Related_Post_20Samples_98925f63.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

338Shooter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I took the TROS 3 lug barrel off and put a 5" Noveske barrel threaded 1/2-36 that I snagged cheap. This allows me to put my Trident up and use the gun shops Evo 9 beater that I snagged on the cheap as well. That will hopefully save some wear and tear on my personal suppressor. Only have a couple mags through the new barrel and can but it worked great when I shot it. Evo is as quiet to my ear as my Trident, but the Trident is getting pretty full in the blast area. I need to jail break it and get it cleaned out.

owu1bag5

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have all parts for my build except for my hand guard.
Parts list looks like this:
1. Spikes stripped lower and upper.
2. Spikes mag block.
3. Spikes ramped bolt.(on back order)
4. Spikes buffer and buffer spacer.
5. LPK from Cold Hand Arms.
6. 5" barrel from ADCO Firearms.
7. 2 Cprod mags.
8. Ergo grip.
9. Magpul trigger guard.
10. Magpul STR stock.
I am goin to order my suppressor from Dustin G this week. I need to decide on a handguard. I have two of the Todd Jarrett sig series already, not sure i want to use that one again. I have a Troy VTAC Extreme on another rifle and i was thiniking one of those would look good on this build, but i am not sure the inside diameter will give enough clearance for a suppressor. The suppressor i am going to order is the SWR Octane 9 HD. It shows to be 7.70" OAL and an OD of 1.375". That would bring the OAL of the the barrel and suppressor to 12.70". I was thinking of going with an 11" vtac but i didnt know if that would leave enough of the suppressor sticking out to thread it on a off. You guys that have suppressors let me know what you think about my ideas and make reccomendations based off your experiences.

338Shooter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
When you come by we can look at my setup and decide what length on he handguard. I have a 7" on mine with a 5" barrel. We can use it and measure it with the suppressor. I think 9" is as long as you'll want to go.

And I just remembered the 1-3/8" cans don't fit under the Troy rails. I had to scrap that idea with the 9" for my set up.

kpk

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Anyone used the Double Diamond LES lower? Thought about trying one...they are also making a Glock mag lower that would be kick.

Is a Mil-Spec lower and block the best way to go? How well do the cheap pro mag blocks work?

Biggsly

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Anyone used the Double Diamond LES lower? Thought about trying one...they are also making a Glock mag lower that would be kick.

Is a Mil-Spec lower and block the best way to go? How well do the cheap pro mag blocks work?
I have been looking at them too. I built my 9mm pistol on a Loki lower. I might build a 9mm carbine out of it later. If so, I might try the DD lower for a pistol.