9mm AR

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Biggsly

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Nothing fancy, but should be fun. I also went with the Spike's mag block. I hope to get a chance to shoot it this weekend.
i785.photobucket.com_albums_yy137_Biggsly_photobucket_42363_1328314363832_1.jpg

guns are dumb

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Nothing fancy, but should be fun. I also went with the Spike's mag block. I hope to get a chance to shoot it this weekend.
i785.photobucket.com_albums_yy137_Biggsly_photobucket_42363_1328314363832_1.jpg

I've been thinking about a 9mm AR pistol and was wondering if anyone can point me to a document that specifically states that the buffer tube cannot in any way, shape or form be construed as a stock? Anyone use these for small game hunting, like a backpack/brush gun? Lastly, being they are pistols, can they be "conceal carried" such as in a backpack and not be in any sort of grey area of the law?

Super Dave

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've been thinking about a 9mm AR pistol and was wondering if anyone can point me to a document that specifically states that the buffer tube cannot in any way, shape or form be construed as a stock? Anyone use these for small game hunting, like a backpack/brush gun? Lastly, being they are pistols, can they be "conceal carried" such as in a backpack and not be in any sort of grey area of the law?

An ATF agent spelled it out for me. If you are seen shouldering the tube, you are using it as a stock. Want to stay an anal virgin? Don't shoulder the tube. Sling it tight, cheek the tube, and push forward.

Don't know about the CC, but it seems that to avoid any grey area, a smart guy would buy a receiver already marked "PISTOL" from the manufacturer, if his plan was to mainly carry it as his CC. Is there a size limit (length) to CC? Not a bad idea. Screw a holster. I have a backpack and 20 magazines!!!

guns are dumb

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
An ATF agent spelled it out for me. If you are seen shouldering the tube, you are using it as a stock. Want to stay an anal virgin? Don't shoulder the tube. Sling it tight, cheek the tube, and push forward.

Don't know about the CC, but it seems that to avoid any grey area, a smart guy would buy a receiver already marked "PISTOL" from the manufacturer, if his plan was to mainly carry it as his CC. Is there a size limit (length) to CC? Not a bad idea. Screw a holster. I have a backpack and 20 magazines!!!

That's interesting and mainly what I had expected to hear. Thanks.

Super Dave

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I really want to build a 9mm ar. Why are the damn mag blocks 150 to 200 bucks? Also any that use glock magazines?

There are. Use Google.

Get a mag block made by Hahn. Most of the ones sold by the bigger manfs are really made by them, like Spikes and RRA. I have the Spikes. Suck it up and spend it, OR by a 9mm specific receiver.

338Shooter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

Engraving pistol on a receiver doesn't make it so any more than the full auto marking on spikes lowers make them machine guns.