AK-47 or AK-74?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

More effective fighting round?

• Total voters

itzkwik

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Mannnn you suck,I was so close to snatchin them up, I was still trying to do my research on the diff. Brands,LoL
I'm so confused on what I want right now because of this thread,trying to sell my wazzzer so I can get another 47 underfolder,probly a yugo. I have a PSL an 91/30 so I'm thinking bout getting a paratrooper PSL now instead of a 74 cuz I already have the ammo and mags. Descisions,descisions,descisions.

itzkwik

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Okay,well I geuss you don't suck :), actually made my descision dilemma worse.
I do have very strong gut feeling that any AK purchase right now would be a good one,have a strong suspicion prices will skyrocket again before long.

Last edited:

bilboben

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Get one of each,that's what I'm gunna do:) just got to get a 74,although I'll have more 47's because the 30 caliber projectile will plow through about the same things but cause more damage fron the mass, watched the AR vs AK test on cinder blocks,I was sold,then ya gor the PSL but can't go above 148 gr projectile because it's a cheap gun and can't handle the recoil and it will go through anything, well most anything we ought to be shooting at.
I jacked up one of my .22 swinging steel targets,1/4" steel plate, almost completely penetrated it with a lead core 148gr boollet, ahh fun times. Check out the FPK it's the paratrooper version of the PSL,only backdraw is the 10 round mags, but a gollywopper of a bullet,7.62x54 Russian 30.06.

I agree, because that is what I did, but get the best of all worlds, buy an AR upper in 7.62 and 5.45,

Super Dave

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have only had 7.62, so I can't really compare the two, but I sure do love an AK47. Built like a brick **** house. Tough as nails. The first time I ever fired one was 1986. I remember it well. Been in love ever since.

Latest posts

Top Bottom