Anyone see Obama whine about losing gun control vote? :loser:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MP43

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Excellent observations from Rich Lowery over at National Review Online:

"What was so extraordinary about the president’s performance yesterday is that this is the version of himself he’s always tried to keep under wraps. He made his career on sounding reasonable, positioning himself as the middle between two extremes, pretending to afford respect for the arguments of his opponents, and never, ever showing anger. You always knew this was all a pose, but he never fully let loose until yesterday when he vented his rage at and his contempt for his opponents, and after a defeat in the most traditional of all liberal causes, gun control. It’s amazing how he believes that everyone else in Washington engages in politics except for him, even though the way he reacted after Newtown was textbook political exploitation of a tragedy–using the victims and their families to the maximum extent possible and pursuing policy goals that he’d always favored but that wouldn’t have prevented the shooting. In his own mind, he’s the brave and sincere one, and everyone opposed to him is an insincere coward. We already knew all of this about him, but it was revealing all the same."

turkeyrun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
That big ol' boy behind the dicktater is 1000% armed to the teeth.

"YA THINK!"

What gave it away, that crease in his jacket on his left shoulder? But, but, but, it is illegal to be armed on white house grounds .............. he can't be armed.

I'm thinking, from his expression vs. everyone else's, he just farted and it was extremely aromatic. :fart:

n2sooners

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

"What was so extraordinary about the president’s performance yesterday is that this is the version of himself he’s always tried to keep under wraps. He made his career on sounding reasonable, positioning himself as the middle between two extremes, pretending to afford respect for the arguments of his opponents, and never, ever showing anger. You always knew this was all a pose, but he never fully let loose until yesterday when he vented his rage at and his contempt for his opponents, and after a defeat in the most traditional of all liberal causes, gun control. It’s amazing how he believes that everyone else in Washington engages in politics except for him, even though the way he reacted after Newtown was textbook political exploitation of a tragedy–using the victims and their families to the maximum extent possible and pursuing policy goals that he’d always favored but that wouldn’t have prevented the shooting. In his own mind, he’s the brave and sincere one, and everyone opposed to him is an insincere coward. We already knew all of this about him, but it was revealing all the same."

Bingo! :thumbup3:

Ace_on_the_Turn

Sharpshooter
Reaction score

That may be the stupidest thing I've read online today, and I visit Fark and Reddit so that's saying something.

porscheman2944

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
We believe in supporting our Constitution and when things didn't go his way he threw a fit. 1.) I don't know if we should be worried if he is believing himself what he is telling us. That he is surrounded by his own people telling him this is what we want or 2.) He has heard what we want, but just doesn't care because it doesn't fit with his agenda or chooses to ignore it. I think yesterday was just an example of things to come. I truly think he believes he is king and we are his subjects. The amount of Executive orders he has decreed and things like Benghazi being classified so we don't find the truth is scary. I think when he is finally out of office he will be revealed as the worst president ever. I think part of the President's job it to unite the country he has done nothing but drive a wedge in it. Either you are with him or there is something wrong with you and your thinking. That is their only acceptable answer. A universal background check would have done nothing to stop any of the violence. The Christmas shooting of the firefighters was done by a convicted felon that beat his grandmother to death with a hammer. (bought for him by his neighbor (straw purchase)) Newtown he killed his mother and stole her legally owned rifle (if it was even used is still debated) So why hammer the law abiding citizens with more laws and make it illegal for us to defend ourselves if you can't or won't protect us from people or keep them locked up.

Latest posts

Top Bottom