Appleseed 10/22 Setup?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Raoul Duke

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Somewhere in the stillborn state of Sequoyah
The Tech Sight front is a cleaner setup as it drifts into the factory dovetail but the Nodak rear setup allows you to expand and toss on a mini red dot like a Bushnell or Primary arms and get a good co-witness.

This Tech-Sight set up(TSR200RL) will co-witness with "affordable" micros like the TRS-25, Sparc, etc.

http://www.tech-sights.com/rugerrail.htm

Plus, both the rear and front sight are elevation and windage adjustable with this package, fwiw.

Appleseed teaches the rifleman's quarter mile(4MOA shooting, basically), so if you want to run a red dot optic at an Appleseed, make sure the dot is 4 moa or less, preferably.

inactive

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Most excellent. I don't I'll make Afton but will plan on making the next one. I need to get shoot more frequently and this is the perfect avenue for me to do so.

SMS

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Definitely run whatcha brung, but I'd highly recommend you shoot it with iron sights first....and get the full fundamentals experience.

But if scoped is what you have, go with it.

Sheeve

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Definitely run whatcha brung, but I'd highly recommend you shoot it with iron sights first....and get the full fundamentals experience.

+1 If it is at all possible. By the end of the weekend you will be far more proficient with your irons...(even if you don't score a patch). After a learning experience like this you will view optics as a "force multiplier", not a crutch or a band aid to cover up bad fundamentals. There are several blocks of instruction over the weekend that are worth the price of admission by themselves, much less all together, from sling work, sight alignment, zeroing procedures, and building a stable shooting platform I wish I would have attended an Appleseed 15 years ago... the hours of my life I would have back that were wasted chasing zeros across paper.

Latest posts

Top Bottom