AR BCG wont go either direction!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ArmyOfJuan

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have no idea what to do here. I have my rifle stripped as low as it will go. The BCG will travel forward or backward but gets stuck and won't come completely out. I NEED HELP!!! photo copy.jpg

Buddhaman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Are you taking the lower receiver completely off of the upper before removing the bolt? It looks like you're trying to take the bolt out the back of the lower.

ArmyOfJuan

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I know what it looks like. The BCG will not go forward. I took off the stock and buffer tube so that I could make sure a spring or detent wasn't in the way. Without the BCG forward, I obviously cannot separate the upper from the lower. It jammed while firing and this is what I'm left with. Probably should have been clearer originally. I'm sure I look like a major idiot right now but I'm frustrated beyond belief.

Buddhaman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Ah, thanks for the back story. I'm not sure what the problem could be, I've looked at mine and there's not much that could get in the way. I doubt it's the charging handle but I can't tell from the picture if you've already taken it out.

Hig

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Check and make sure the bolt is rotated forward. Take a pic through the ejection port with a little more clarity...I would try to get that thing pushed forwad and then try normal dissaembly-although I assume you have tried this already...you may need to pursuade it.

Only thing I can think of is that the bolt is locked in the closed position and the pin is wedged in the receiver.

Last edited:

ArmyOfJuan

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If I press down the forward assist and move the bolt back and forth, I can feel it hit; i.e. i can feel in my thumb when the BCG hits the forward assist. Should I force it past?

Latest posts

Top Bottom