AR BCG wont go either direction!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hig

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
It should contact with the FA pressed. Are you able to free the lower from the rifle? If you depress the hammer it looks as if it may go, may have to push out the hammer retaining pin and deal with just the upper.

Possibilities:

Cam pin suck, buffer retaining pin wedged in there, somehow the firing pin retaining pin is wedged...curious now.

Hig

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Firing pin should have a bit of movement fore and aft. To get the upper off the lower the hammer would need to come out, then you could slide the lower back off the bolt. Then you can deal with just the upper.

if you play with the bolt in the carrier is there any wiggle room?

If it works rearword fine then you should be able to remove the bolt if you disassemble the hammer and take off the lower. Then you can see what is stuck.

Hig

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Other than that I would try to wedge the bolt forward with a non marring item and try to get it to close. The bolt may be locked up or something that isn't supposed to be in there is in there. Good luck...I gotta head out.

ArmyOfJuan

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Negative. The upper isn't hung on the hammer. The "eye" for lack of a better term (through which the take down pin goes at the rear of the gun) cannot move forward in the lower enough to allow the lower to slide off of the back of the BCG. Hard to explain but the BCG prevents the lower from rocking down and the "eye" prevents the lower from moving straight backwards.

Buddhaman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Man, I'd be willing to try and help you out in person tomorrow if you don't get it figured out. If you have any more pictures that would be helpful too.

Latest posts

Top Bottom