Ar ?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Brandi

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've heard nothing but good about FBT so I wouldn't doubt they are a good choice. I will say that when we bought a S&W M&P15 Tactical several years ago I wasn't sure about them, I've always had Colts but the M&P has sure proved itself since. They are excellent rifles and extremely well made so if you that route you will have a quality gun. Nowadays I always tell people looking for a quality AR that the M&P15 is the best bang for the buck in my opinion.

Shootin 4 Fun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've heard nothing but good about FBT so I wouldn't doubt they are a good choice. I will say that when we bought a S&W M&P15 Tactical several years ago I wasn't sure about them, I've always had Colts but the M&P has sure proved itself since. They are excellent rifles and extremely well made so if you that route you will have a quality gun. Nowadays I always tell people looking for a quality AR that the M&P15 is the best bang for the buck in my opinion.

If the M&P15 is your thing, we have the optics ready model for $800 + tax.

Gebrown

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Every time I think I've made up my mind something else comes along. I went from a M&P to a PSA now I'm looking at the FBT.
Sounds like they are all good options.

Probably come down to price and availability.

93 FOX

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

Not even close
1/7 twist for heavier grain bullets?
Upper and lower 7075 T6 alum?
Mp tested bolt?
Magnetic partial testing on the barrel?
F marked front sight?
Chrome lined full auto carrier?
Properly staked gas key?
7075 buffer tube?
Mid length gas system for better reliability?
Yes on all of these for Spikes. And you don't have to buy all the tools to put it together. Just snap the top on and go shoot.
http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=S6cwh4IxXSc

Last edited:

Shootin 4 Fun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Not even close
1/7 twist for heavier grain bullets?....no
Upper and lower 7075 T6 alum?....yes
Mp tested bolt?...yes
Magnetic partial testing on the barrel?....yes
F marked front sight?... That is an option
Chrome lined full auto carrier?...semi auto chrome lined
Properly staked gas key?....yes
7075 buffer tube?...for a price
Mid length gas system for better reliability?...not on these uppers
Yes on all of these for Spikes.....at a much higher price
http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=S6cwh4IxXSc

See quote above.

If you want a full gun we stock Spikes, Rock River, Stag, S&W and occasionally BCM & Colt.

93 FOX

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
See quote above.

If you want a full gun we stock Spikes, Rock River, Stag, S&W and occasionally BCM & Colt.

S4F not beating you guys up by no means, just giving the OP my opinion. So here is your answer OP, go in FBT and get the best rifle you can for the amount of money you can spend and your keeping your money in Ok. Win win.

Shootin 4 Fun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
S4F not beating you guys up by no means, just giving the OP my opinion. So here is your answer OP, go in FBT and get the best rifle you can for the amount of money you can spend and your keeping your money in Ok. Win win.

Not feeling beat up on, just answering the question marks in your post.

MauserJoe

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If it's a choice between Fat Boy Tactical and Palmetto State Armory, I'd go with the Oklahoma guys. If you want absolutely worthless customer support, a company that won't answer e-mails and often won't even answer their phone and never returns your messages, by all means go with Palmetto State. I'll never use those idiots again.

Latest posts

Top Bottom