AT&T bait and switch

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

n8thegr8

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Well, furlough is here, so I was looking for ways to save money. I saw AT&T was having a promo for home phone + DSL that came with a free tablet. The lady on the phone quoted me $34 a month after taxes and fees (I confirmed this several times) and that yes, indeed, the tablet was included, however I'd have to wait 30 days to claim the tablet, and my first bill would be slightly higher for a partial month of service ($40).

Well, today was 30 days, so I called to claim my tablet, only to find out that, no, the tablet wasn't included, i would have to pay $10 a month more if I wanted it, and no, my actual monthly bill was $40. After bitching at various supervisors for an hour or so, I just had them cancel it and switched back to Cox.

TL/DR - AT&T is shady as f***

kennedy

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I left cox to try at&t once...never again. Dishonest, customer service is the worst I've ever had from anywhere. Cox cable has always treated me right and I'll never switch again.

NightShade

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Got Cox to do Advanced tv and Premier internet for 120 a month with one HD receiver. . . two year price lock on that as well.

Getting 32Mbps Download and up to 19Mbps upload with it now. Wife had to talk to two different people in the retention department to get the deal but they have been advertising cheap specials so figured would give it a try.

Had DSL in Lawton for quite a while never had a lot of problems with it or the phone service but when we moved to the OKC area we picked up cox since they could provide a lot better upload speed. Helps a ton when building websites.

Latest posts

Top Bottom