BBQ coon anyone

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

p238shooter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Cooked a wood chuck roast on the grill today. Hickery wood smoke on a chuck roast about 12 hours. Sliced on a sandwich.

I have cleaned quail, phesant, chickens and a few rabbits in the past. Never tried a coon, do not think there are many around here. Eliminated some some skunks and aramadillos, but left them for the buzzards. I have done a lot of bird hunting, never a turky yet, but there are some around here.

Now, if the dammed deer that are collecting around my house do not go away soon, I may need to process some deer carcases. I can pull my OC .45 and have an opportunity to drop 4 or 5 of them off my front porch most anytime I walk out while they are stareing at me.

Wondering how they would be to try in my smoker.

If I decide to do this, do the ones that have racks taste different than the others? There are 4 of them. Do the ones that are bigger taste are more like the older beef I like best, older and better? This is getting out of hand, making my house dog crazy. Hope the other 50 or so go away soon. I did not plant photenia and monkey grass up by the house for deer to have a place to nest.

For some reason they think my yard is a place to be this time of year. Enough is Enough.

somarsmi

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Definitely got me interested, I have had woodchuck and it was not bad but my cooking lacked then something fierce. I have heard racoon can be some good eating.

Mr.Glock

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Try a young coyote next time, they BBQ up good! We ate lots of coon and possum growing up, my grandpa loved coon, but his favorite and one that I never liked was Squirrel brains.

Latest posts

Top Bottom