Best Pork Chops EVER

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

n423

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Best fried pork chops I ever ate were from a convenience store around the Capitol . They would shake 'em in a bag of flour and deep fry them as you wait. Ohhhhhh they were good.

wufee

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
When I want pok chops, I go to Charleston and get their grilled chops (cooked medium, not well done). They serve 2 thick chops that are tender and moist. But, I don't think they'll stand up to Iron Mike's fare.

RWS

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
2 nights ago my wife put pork chops on the grill. i noticed she didnt put seasoned salt on them as usual, nor did she have the head country out. instead, she put butter on them, and put sliced up red and green bell peppers and onions on top of them. when she got ready to flip them she slid the peppers and onions off, and put it back on top of the other side. simple, but they were awesome! best i've had in a long while.

jstaylor62

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
That pic did me in ...

Look what I found!!!!

Mike Ditka's da Pork Chop Recipe

I'm going to the store!! Granted there is no cherry au jus but the peppercorn sounds good too!! Seems like you could rework any good glaze with some dried cherries, red onion and red wine and let it reduce a little.

BB, if you ever turn Mormon, I want to be one of your extra husbands... ;)

338Shooter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
awww.sillyjokes.co.uk_images_dress_up_beards_mutton_chops_big.jpg

Poke78

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I was in Chicago earlier this week and had dinner at Mike Ditka's. I gotta say, their pork chops are the best I've ever had. Double bone-in chops with a cherry au jous.

By checking the Internet, I see Ditka's downtown place is still just off of Michigan Ave. I stayed at the hotel next door to that restaurant during family vacation in 2000. I was tempted to eat there but I would have had to feed 2 teenagers and I'm sure that would have easily been $200 or more. Thanks to the OP for letting me experience it vicariously.

Looking at the menu, the $29 pricing on your chop seems pretty reasonable.

Latest posts

Top Bottom