Best Pork Chops EVER

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TulsaBandit

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
By checking the Internet, I see Ditka's downtown place is still just off of Michigan Ave. I stayed at the hotel next door to that restaurant during family vacation in 2000. I was tempted to eat there but I would have had to feed 2 teenagers and I'm sure that would have easily been $200 or more. Thanks to the OP for letting me experience it vicariously.

Looking at the menu, the $29 pricing on your chop seems pretty reasonable.

They have a section of their menu that has pretty reasonably priced items like burgers and sandwiches. When you get to the steak, that's where it gets pricey. The filet was over $50.

Tully

Marksman
Reaction score
My chop recipe. Perfect for grilling. Mix brown sugar and vinegar so it is thicker than water, kind of like thick syrup. Marinate chops in mixture for 30 minutes. Put on grill and baste with marinade. Don't put over direct fire as the sugar will burn. Keep basting. Turn and baste some more. Stop basting bout 5 min before they are done. They are just sweet enough for my liking.

Tully

jstaylor62

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My chop recipe. Perfect for grilling. Mix brown sugar and vinegar so it is thicker than water, kind of like thick syrup. Marinate chops in mixture for 30 minutes. Put on grill and baste with marinade. Don't put over direct fire as the sugar will burn. Keep basting. Turn and baste some more. Stop basting bout 5 min before they are done. They are just sweet enough for my liking.

Tully

You can also try making a marinade from apple cider vinegar and mango jam. The mango is sweet, but subtle. Use it the same way as you described.

Latest posts

Top Bottom