best Tulsa BBQ?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RWS

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The last time I was by J&L's it looked like they were closed. They are the place between Pryor and Chouteau right?

yes, just south of Pryor on 69. and they were closed for a LONG time (couple years?) but they reopened a couple months ago. ate there about a month ago for the first time since they reopened, sliced beef was a little dry, sauce seemed a little less sweet and more spicy than i remembered, and the beans were only about 10 times as good as any other beans in the world. went back a couple weeks ago and everything was fantastic. sauce was just as i remembered and beans were back to their normal million times better than any other beans on the planet. i dont care where you live, it's worth the drive for the beans alone, i really have never had any anywhere that were remotely comparible.

_CY_

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
speaking of the World's best BBQ ... my smoked beef brisket would be a contender.
it's MMMMMM good!!!!

takes about 10-12 hours using natural pecan or hickory. smoked in my Okla Joe's smoker.

I'd be up for serving some world class BBQ at the next Tulsa GTG ...
if anyone has a location that would be willing to host 50-100 folks with gun range... PM me

Nraman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I need to ask the experts a question. I've had some ribs that are unnaturally soft and the taste reminds me of boiled not smoked meat.
I think they boil them first and then they do what it takes to make them look like the real thing.
Am I right? Is that what they do?

Latest posts

Top Bottom