Blowing my brother up.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

oneof79

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I guess that got some attention.

My brother passed away last month about a week before his 49th birthday. We always did what brothers do hunt, fish, shoot, talk about going out with a bang.

It is the last part I am interested in. I was thinking about mixing some of his ashes with Tannerite or equivalent and sending him off with a bang.

That is where the questions start. What is the max amount of Tannerite to use at let's say 100 yards? Ultimately floating him across Lake Eufala and setting the Tannerite off would be the best location also the easiest to get thrown in jail over, so that place is out. We hunted at Lexington so the gun range is a good possibility but would be last on the list of places to do it. Not knowing either of us, where else would be a good place to have a big send off?

oneof79

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I like this one. It would spread him over an area at the same time. I would disagree with the Range/Lexington type thing. The next time I came to shoot, I'd be looking for ashes and the like.

Kinda funny but we got a large urn and several smaller ones about the size of an egg. Part of one of these smaller ones is what I would use. You would never see any remains after the smoke cleared. I have played around with model rockets some and could make one that would get some major altitude but not much bang.

Seedy

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Cut the guy some slack seedy!!

yalls always gotta piss on someones parade. damn

Ok fine...here's a more diplomatic approach:

Oneof79, my condolences on your loss. Your brother must have meant a lot to you. I applaud you for wanting to honor your Brother in this way. Personally, I would go with the Hunter S Thompson method, and use a giant Gonzo Canon. However, if this is not an option then I would place his ashes around or on top of the tannerite as mixing it in may be frowned upon by the BATFE. Good luck on blowing your brother up and godspeed to his soul.

Latest posts

Top Bottom