Bob Costas is preaching!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dave70968

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
To shamelessly quote a blogger of some note:
Let me get this straight: A young guy whose entire, for lack of a better word, 'career' up to this point has rewarded him for aggressively bringing the pain, lost his $#!+ during an argument with the mother of his child and solved the problem with a gun. When his ears stopped ringing and she didn't pop up again at the re-spawn point like in Halo and he realized that he'd thoroughly and comprehensively effed up his own life, too, he offed himself as well.

This affects me how, Bob?

This may come as a shock to you, Mr. Costas, but I have worn a loaded gun pretty much every day of my adult life. I spent pretty much every working day of that adult life in workplaces where everybody else was wearing loaded guns, too. There was nothing magic about these places or the people in them. They were typical workplaces with all the typical workplace politics and the drama that entails and yet... Magically! ...we all somehow constantly managed to refrain from shooting each other, despite literally bathing in the mind-control rays you think emanate from loaded handguns.

Wonder why that is?

Highlight For Spoilers: Because normal, well-adjusted people don't solve their problems with handguns, Bob, regardless of their availability.

I do find the allegation that, in the absence of handguns, Kasandra would still be alive to be absolutely ludicrous, because everybody knows that without a handgun, there would be no way for an enraged 6'2", 228-lb. NFL linebacker to harm a 22-year-old woman.

If you're not reading Tam regularly, shame on you.

kinggabby

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
As my Facebook post reads: I would call Bob Costas a *********, but I wouldn't want to slander Summers Eve with the comparison...
facebook_like_button_big-e1317068415321.jpg

Gideon

Formerly SirROFL
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Anyone who's taken an introductory psychology course will know. It's called projection. That's when you superimpose your own faults and negative feelings on other people and objects, to protect your psyche from the realization that you have negative features.

It's the gun's fault that someone was selfish enough to think they had the right to harm another person. Obviously.

It's denial, nothing more. A sign that SOMEONE needs some therapy, and it isn't lawful firearm owners.

AKguy1985

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Anyone who's taken an introductory psychology course will know. It's called projection. That's when you superimpose your own faults and negative feelings on other people and objects, to protect your psyche from the realization that you have negative features.

It's the gun's fault that someone was selfish enough to think they had the right to harm another person. Obviously.

It's denial, nothing more. A sign that SOMEONE needs some therapy, and it isn't lawful firearm owners.

Good post right there.

Latest posts

Top Bottom