Ever think about retiring to another country?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

elwoodtrix

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I knew some people that retired to Costa Rica close to 20 years ago. They loved it and were still there as of about 6 years ago.
Met a gentleman today in Berkeley that he and his wife were moving there. He said you can't open a bank account there unless you lived there and they don't take checks. She rents and has to bring cash to pay it. They drill her why she brings $9,000 when she goes. He said they accused her of money Laundering one time, lol. San Jose CR

saddlebum

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Met a gentleman today in Berkeley that he and his wife were moving there. He said you can't open a bank account there unless you lived there and they don't take checks. She rents and has to bring cash to pay it. They drill her why she brings $9,000 when she goes. He said they accused her of money Laundering one time, lol. San Jose CR
I used to spend time in Costa Rica and other places. I had an account at Citibank but any international bank that operates there would work . no need to tote large sums of money.....unless

Last edited:

XYZ

Ribertarian
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
A few other things to ponder.

IMG_0101.jpeg

trbii

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
If you love your 2A rights and the other bill of rights privileges, why would you consider moving from the lower 48? My answer to the OPs’ question, NO. Not me, not my money. How many people from all over the world travel legally/illegally to the U.S. ? Keep that in mind, they’re all wanting to move here. For a reason.

Aku

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I've considered Bora Bora. But apparently extremely hard to actually move there. Otherwise, a spot that is at least a mile from anybody and a running creek, would be nice. And a moat. I want a moat.

elwoodtrix

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I used to spend time in Costa Rica and other places. I had and account at Citibank but any international bank that operates there would work . no need to tote large sums of money.....unless
Well, these folks live there part time and, according to him, the landlords use local banks and will only take cash.

Latest posts

Top Bottom