Ever think about retiring to another country?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CHenry

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Uruguay is the only central/south american country with decent gun laws for citizens and some semblance of political stability with low corruption. I need to do more research though.
New Zealand as well (guns). Cost of living is close to the same (was) as it is in OK, when I looked it up last. The thought of the mountains being 45 min from the ocean also is very appealing to me. But damn, thats half way around the globe.

aarondhgraham

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Moved from California to Arizona in 1978. Lived in Scottsdale for 25 years. Phoenix area and surrounding growing like crazy. Retired in 2004, moved to small town in mountains (payson) lived there 15 years. Got so bad with valley people (Phoenix) coming up the hill to escape heat in summer and wanting snow fun in winter, that the highway was backed up 15 miles. Moved to Ok. 5 years ago. Bought 30 acres and am much happier. Don’t need the congestion anymore. Yeah, I’m old.

I was looking at Kingman,,,
I had the backing to open a Tandy Leather Franchise there.

Then my better sense took control of me,,,
I'm very glad that I decided to stay put.

Oklahoma isn't the perfect state to live in,,,
But it's good enough to suit me.

Aarond

Jon3830

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

if I ever left the US I would probably go to Hungary the gun laws aren't that great but I know a handful of people there and I like the scenery and the food.

John6185

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
If I wasn't ao ols I woulds certainly consider living in Portugal or similar country. The US isn't the most reasonable in which to live.

Cost of Living in the US - A Guide for Expats

Overall, the USA is the world's 20th most expensive country to live in. But many costs—most notably housing—can vary tremendously from state to state and city ...

turkeyrun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Never seriously thought about it.
We joked about maybe Belize, but 2A is deal breaker and grandkids.

Come Nov, it may be back on the table.

ETA: I worked with two that retired to Puerto 🇵🇷 Rico, one retired in Costa 🇨🇷 Rico and one retired in Nicaragua 🇳🇮.
Guess they're happy, haven't heard from them.

Wif suggested selling everything and living on a 🛳 cruise ship. Talked with a guy that done it, 15 years ago. He loved it, until Gates released his ☣️ biohazard on the World. Had about 6 months of limited living space.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Top Bottom