Building the ultimate varmint/target AR upper

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

doctorjj

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
That is the goal at least. I've decided on a Lilja AR24 stainless fluted barrel. Any input on other components? This will be my first build of an upper, so ANY comments are appreciated. Thanks.

Josh-L

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I would say a Vltor upper if your Lilja has m4 feedramps. If not then a standard one from WOA would be my next pick. I like PRI or Troy tubes on dedicated target setups. Use peel washers instead of crush washers.

KurtM

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Mega or J.P. upper ( Mega is styled on the J.P.) J.P. stainless lightend carrier, and J.P. lightened buffer, J.P. adjustable gas block, any good free float tube, (I like the Clark Carbon fiber, or the J.P. V-Tac), and a good Rolling Thunder comp from Triangle Shooting Sports. This combo will give you a rifle that cycles so quick you won't notice any of the spring sound, and recoil so soft that your 9-10X scope won't even move off a prairie dog at 300m making the visual effects that much more enjoyable! BTW J.P. also makes a GREAT scope mount for ARs KurtM

doctorjj

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The Lilja barrel I chose, the AR24 does not have M4 feedramps. Only their M4 barrel has M4 feedramps. Anyway, what is the big benefit from the billet uppers? They are SO much more expensive. The better bolt and bolt carrier, I can understand their cost, but some of the upper prices just seem ridiculous.

Also, if I get all this stuff bought does anyone want to volunteer to help me put it together????

doctorjj

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Well, this is the stuff I was going to order from JP unless someone has some suggestions to do otherwise. Any other input would be appreciated.

GTI-RIFLE Rifle Length Gas Tube
installed in any JP gas block. $15.00

JPBC-3 SP JP Low Mass Polished Stainless Carrier with key installed $199.95

JPBC-BA LWD High Performance Bolt Assembly Completion Group $159.95

JPCTR02UR CTR-02 CNC Billet Upper Receiver with Brass Deflector, Stripped $349.00

JPGS-3 JP Adjustable Gas System
Picatinny rail .936 bore
Black Aluminum BACKORDERED $79.95

JPLMB JP Low Mass Buffer
for M15-type rifles $49.95

JPS-OSR JP Tuned and polished extra power buffer spring, rifle $19.95

Latest posts

Top Bottom