Burgers and fries...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BillM

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Freddie's burgers are pretty good, but WTF is up with those fries? He'll, I want some REAL fries, not them itsy-bitsy wannabe fries. :disappoin
Pretty sure they're real potatoes, which McD's aren't anymore. I remember when you could get a coke, fries, and a burger, and change for a dollar from McD's, once upon a time...

CHenry

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Over 200 posts. Have you tried one of the recommended ones yet?
Robert's in El Reno has double meat fried onion cheese burger and a basket (1/2 basket order fills basket) and a iced tea for under $11.00
Roberts is better than Sids IMO. And I know the owner. Nice guy.

CHenry

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Call your friend up. I believe Roberts is open 7 days a week.
Maybe i'm thinking of Sids, I just remember going there on a Sunday or Monday (cant remember) and it was closed.
I dont have his phone number but he comes out every Sat. night to shoot pool at a club that has nice Diamond tables, and I usually get in on his table for a couple games.

Oklahomabassin

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Maybe i'm thinking of Sids, I just remember going there on a Sunday or Monday (cant remember) and it was closed.
I dont have his phone number but he comes out every Sat. night to shoot pool at a club that has nice Diamond tables, and I usually get in on his table for a couple games.
I see.

GorillaG

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Best burgers ever were at Coleman's in Okmulgee ! I'm so sad they closed it and tore it down. Great pies also. I would always stop there to and from Tulsa but I don't make that drive anymore since all of my family that lived there for the last 75 years have now passed away. But I still remember the burgers we would get there.
I'm so old I recall when ALL the drive-ins had car hops, no drive thru. A mic and a speaker if it was a state of the art place. There was a great mom and pop joint that offered a "tomato burger" plastered with tomatoes and mayo or ketchup I can't remember. They also had a slaw burger plastered with slaw and I think mustard. Whenever I make beans and cornbread I always get a big container of KFC slaw, it reminds me of my mom's and whatever's left over I make slaw burgers with.

Blue Heeler

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I was going to say I “did” 5 Guys once but the nuts were stale. Sounds a bit gay SO will say I ate at 5 Guys once and the food was average and the peanuts were stale. Just east of 5 Guys in Edmond is SB Burger Joint and it is awful. They use precooked patties and had poor service. The Garage on Bryant is “better” … hadn’t been to Flat Tire over by UCO in some time. I liked their fried pickles.

surjimmy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The pizza thread got me thinking about my very favorite "go-to" meal, the good ol' USA classic burger and fries.

I've ate lots of different places. Some chain restaurants and some small town, hole in the wall, geasy spoon diners, and I must say, I've never, ever had a "bad" burger. Some were much better than others, but I've never left one on my plate and walked out.

I'm not real picky. I mean, it's kinda hard to screw up a simple cheesburger, right? I guess the worst I ever had was a Carl's Jr. bacon ranch burger. Of course, I'm not a big fan of ranch dressing anyways.

To me, if I were gonna describe a perfect cheeseburger, it would be cooked medium rare on an open flame, served on a Kings Hawaiian sweet bun, topped with Miracle Whip, French's yellow mustard, with iceberg lettuce, fresh garden tomato, dill piclkes and lots of red onions. Pair that up with a big pile of steak fries or crispy onion rings and an ice cold Coke or IBC root beer and I'm in hog heaven!

Some of the best burgers I've had actually come from some very unsuspecting places such as Chilis and Cracker Barrel. Whataburger is good stuff too. Especially their patty melt, muy bueno! But for a plain and simple no frills burger, I like Braums.

Now I realize that some of you here are absolute burger snobs and would scoff at some of my picks, but that's ok too. You do you and I'll do me. But I'm always searching for an awesome cheeseburger. So please, tell me your pics and maybe someday, I'll check em out!

Can't talk about cheeseburgers without our dear and departed buddy, who left this world way too soon. :cry3:

Burgers and fries and cherry pies life was good and simple back then.

Latest posts

Top Bottom