Coburn sold us out!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

n2sooners

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
There aren't enough democrats to force cloture by themselves. They need 60, I think there's only 55?

I believe two democrats voted to support the filibuster and one didn't vote. If 40 republicans voted to support the filibuster, then every democrat and independent would have had to vote for cloture or the filibuster would have been upheld and it would be bipartisan. If their goal is to force democrats into a voting predicament, then this was their first chance and they blew it. If all they are doing is playing political games, then why not go all out?

caojyn

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I believe two democrats voted to support the filibuster and one didn't vote. If 40 republicans voted to support the filibuster, then every democrat and independent would have had to vote for cloture or the filibuster would have been upheld and it would be bipartisan. If their goal is to force democrats into a voting predicament, then this was their first chance and they blew it. If all they are doing is playing political games, then why not go all out?

the more thought that goes in his motives, the sketchier they seem

jonodeck

Marksman
Supporting Member
Supporter
Reaction score
I write my Senators and Congressman frequently. I also write Speaker Boehner and Minoroty Leader McConnell. Here's the letter I sent Senator Coburn yesterday;

April 11, 2013

Dear Senator Coburn;

I am bitterly disappointed that you voted to continue with debate on the horrible and unnecessary gun legislation currently in the senate.

I can no longer support you as my Senator. If you elect to run in 2016 I will vote against you.

Your vote for internet taxes coupled with this horrible decision means you no longer represent me.

Sincerely,

I knew he was a lost soul when had diner with Obama and start working with Schumer. Yep, he's part of Washington, not Oklahoma.

jonodeck

Marksman
Supporting Member
Supporter
Reaction score
"but but, we have to pass the bill, to see what is in it."

A flippin classic.

My fundamental problem is that we don't enforce the laws we have, and we have too many laws as it is.

Here's the Oath of Office for a Senator,

"do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic; that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same; that I take this obligation freely, without any mental reservation or purpose of evasion; and that I will well and faithfully discharge the duties of the office on which I am about to enter: So help me God."

http://www.senate.gov/artandhistory/history/common/briefing/Oath_Office.htm

I don't see anything about enacting legislation here.

The bill was brought to the floor with no prior review. I keep hearing about transparency, I can't see it. Why can't the public review the bill for seven calendar days?

Obama care was supposed to be put on-line for all to review, what happened to that.

I can't help but think this all manufactured drama to pass some sort of second amendment limiting legislation and to distract the country from this horrible economy that Obama and his minions keep blaming on everyone/everything else except for their stupid policies, and their continued funneling our hard earned money to their political cronies.

tacmedic

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
image.jpg

Latest posts

Top Bottom