College Football Smack Talk

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
On the postgame, Toby just said that JA's yardage was the second highest for a first start in OU history, only behind Baker Mayfield's against Akron.
OU put up 562 yards on the #14 team with a QB on his very first game and with a patchwork O line with one regular starter.

JA is gonna be good! Can’t wait for next year!

geezer77

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Bowl loss is not a huge deal, especially against a very good AZ team, but this Arnold kid definitely has a future. After watching him throw, I now understand why 100% of the nationwide recruiting analysts love his downstream potential. The usual freshman first-game brain farts and inexperience aside, Arnold demonstrated an absolute cannon for an arm, and the quickest snap release I think I've ever seen in a college level quarterback. He just needs reps/experience, and to learn to temper down the hypervelocity of some of his mid and short range passes so receivers can catch them without ricocheting the ball all over the place. As a Sooner TV watcher since Bud Wilkinson's loss to Notre Dame, Arnold might have the best NFL future upside I've ever seen at this position, even better than Caleb Williams. If Venables can field a decent defense, OU should be very competitive in the SEC after a year or two of learning to play big boy football.

Congrats to OSU on their comeback win (albeit over a Texas A&M team that was without a QB and 31 other regular players). Now that the two biggest frogs have left their pond, the Cowboy fans should finally have at least a chance at being a regular conference championship contender. But it's starting to look like K State and Kansas might have something to say about that.

Latest posts

Top Bottom