College Football Smack Talk

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Hearing a lot of excuses for the L. Not like OU’s the only team in FBS that regular season players not playing in their bowl games.

You're probably "hearing" it because that's what your brain wants to see lol.

I think most OU fans here understand that the transfer portal and NIL will be an issue before bowl games, and if anything most fans here relayed an amount of positivity in light of concerning losing key players vs making excuses.

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
OU played like crap last night plain and simple, embarrassing loss.

My son who's a HS sophomore has started the recruiting process and wants to play ball after HS and has had a couple interests. We've been looking at different programs based on degree offerings, coaches, etc. The difference between players from D1, D2, D3, NAIA, etc as far as size, strength, height, weight, speed is pretty incredible.
D2, D3 and NAIA players for the most part were on a fairly even playing field in that aspect. FBS D1 players being obviously bigger, faster, stronger, taller than FCS D1 players even.....but then we started looking at those same factors between the conferences and that was pretty surprising. SEC players are NOTICEABLY faster, stronger, taller, bigger, pro agility times are faster, verticals are higher, etc. SEC linebackers are the same size as Big 10 and Big 12 defensive ends and even defensive linemen and have 40y times similar or as fast as other conferences backs and receivers. And the depth of players of those players with those abilities are two or three deep, not just a couple physical phenoms here and there. QBs were about the only position that there wasn't just a huge noticeable difference in physical ability. Alabama, Georgia, Auburn, Florida, LSU were noticeably more physical than the other SEC schools even. This last year my son was invited to a couple camps and just attended a couple on his own at both D1 and D2 level, in OK, AR, KS and MO. He's spends all his time on the defensive side of the ball and had more than one defensive coach at those camps tell him it's becoming very common to either A: not recruit HS players at all, and just pull from the portal, or B: recruit the fastest, strongest offensive HS players they can, put weight on them a play them on the defensive side of the ball, primarily turning WR and TE into corners, safeties and DE's.

OU and Texas are going to have to figure out a way to recruit and keep kids that are in that upper 1% physically imo or they'll just keep floating along where they've been with no hopes of another natty. I know physicality isn't always everything, but there only needs to be three intelligent people on the field at one time, the QB, the center and whichever LB is running the defense. The rest can get away with being like Forest Gump and still be a standout, just like he was lol.

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Reaction score
You're probably "hearing" it because that's what your brain wants to see lol.

I think most OU fans here understand that the transfer portal and NIL will be an issue before bowl games, and if anything most fans here relayed an amount of positivity in light of concerning losing key players vs making excuses.

You need to follow some SEC fb groups lol. The sports page on OSA doesn't reflect the majority of OU fans that were on social media last night or currently.

trekrok

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Non playoff bowl games suck to watch now. Too many people don’t play thanks to the portal. But NCAA pretty much brought that mess upon themselves.
Agree. It's too bad, I liked college football. It just doesn't resemble what it used to. I'm sure players were getting paid in the old days, but NIL is different. And there is zero team loyalty. It's about the bucks, just like in the NFL. I don't know, I just can't seem to really care about it much any more.

Ryan500L

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
My son who's a HS sophomore has started the recruiting process and wants to play ball after HS and has had a couple interests. We've been looking at different programs based on degree offerings, coaches, etc. The difference between players from D1, D2, D3, NAIA, etc as far as size, strength, height, weight, speed is pretty incredible.
D2, D3 and NAIA players for the most part were on a fairly even playing field in that aspect. FBS D1 players being obviously bigger, faster, stronger, taller than FCS D1 players even.....but then we started looking at those same factors between the conferences and that was pretty surprising. SEC players are NOTICEABLY faster, stronger, taller, bigger, pro agility times are faster, verticals are higher, etc. SEC linebackers are the same size as Big 10 and Big 12 defensive ends and even defensive linemen and have 40y times similar or as fast as other conferences backs and receivers. And the depth of players of those players with those abilities are two or three deep, not just a couple physical phenoms here and there. QBs were about the only position that there wasn't just a huge noticeable difference in physical ability. Alabama, Georgia, Auburn, Florida, LSU were noticeably more physical than the other SEC schools even. This last year my son was invited to a couple camps and just attended a couple on his own at both D1 and D2 level, in OK, AR, KS and MO. He's spends all his time on the defensive side of the ball and had more than one defensive coach at those camps tell him it's becoming very common to either A: not recruit HS players at all, and just pull from the portal, or B: recruit the fastest, strongest offensive HS players they can, put weight on them a play them on the defensive side of the ball, primarily turning WR and TE into corners, safeties and DE's.

OU and Texas are going to have to figure out a way to recruit and keep kids that are in that upper 1% physically imo or they'll just keep floating along where they've been with no hopes of another natty. I know physicality isn't always everything, but there only needs to be three intelligent people on the field at one time, the QB, the center and whichever LB is running the defense. The rest can get away with being like Forest Gump and still be a standout, just like he was lol.
Your spot on I believe , thats why it seems 90 percent of the NFL players drafted and starting in the NFL are from the SEC.

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
You need to follow some SEC fb groups lol. The sports page on OSA doesn't reflect the majority of OU fans that were on social media last night or currently.

I do, SEC fans are brutal, to the point of being completely irrational. I know you have a chip on your shoulder about OU, and OU fans are the worst of all time blah blah blah...... but anecdotes, if not completely made up, are somewhat worthless. We can only discuss directly what is said here with any sort of credible reference.

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Reaction score
I do, SEC fans are brutal, to the point of being completely irrational. I know you have a chip on your shoulder about OU, and OU fans are the worst of all time blah blah blah...... but anecdotes, if not completely made up, are somewhat worthless. We can only discuss directly what is said here with any sort of credible reference.

Dude I'm one of the most objective persons on OSA. If I took a poll right now about which OSA member can only see OU through Crimson glasses who do you think would claim that title??? I'll be the first to admit (and have) when OSU sucks they suck, when they poke choke they choke, when Gundy calls bad plays, he's an idiot, when he puts one together he's a winner. They almost choked and blew it to a decimated Texas A&M team two days ago even.

How many "chokelahoma" posts were were posted here since the game was over? None. How many should have there have been, several. They choked, they were down, came back, then blew it.

How many "poke choke" posts have been made here in the past? Dozens and dozens? I've said it before and I'll say it again as long as it holds true, 99.9% of all OU fans are the same.....living in the past, any year that doesn't end in a natty is a rebuilding year, refer to another teams loss or misfortune when confronted about an OU loss, blame the refs, blame the portal, etc.

It should be the same the same for every team.....do what it takes to get it done, from recruiting to coaches to staff to play calling on both sides of the ball, all of it, now including paying enough NIL to stay. If one or more of those things doesn't happen, teams lose and it's that simple, black and white. Play a better team and lose. There are no off days or they lose. OU had those this year, OSU had those this year, Texas had one this year, Alabama had one this year....... Only one team each year has what it takes to get it done in the end, one.

And I'm glad you mentioned this above...

"I do, SEC fans are brutal, to the point of being completely irrational"

... remember since OU and TX are now in the SEC and seem very proud to be in the SEC and all the "perks" that go along with it and not in the Little12 any longer, OU fans will be a nice fit. And sorry if you think I make things up and aren't a credible source. Hop out of your OU box and get on the web a little, you'll have to wear your objective glasses though.

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Dude I'm one of the most objective persons on OSA.

Not when it comes to OU lol. You literally bark about "what social media says" as a reference in a constant manner. Do you think social media is a good reference when saying you are objective? To give an example, do you think social media accurately represents all gun owners?

How many "chokelahoma" posts were were posted here since the game was over? None.

Well.....one of the main Poke fans done got himself banned lol. Of course, we can go back through this thread and see the comments from last year. I know you think OSU fans are generally innocent, but those "orange colored glasses" must come off as you say. The two biggest jackasses in this thread last year were OSU fans, if you're objective as you say you are, you'll admit that.

How many should have there have been, several. They choked, they were down, came back, then blew it.

#objective lol.

How many "poke choke" posts have been made here in the past? Dozens and dozens?

You honestly need a reality check of what is said on this board. Good lord most OSU fans are completely enthralled with OU losing vs OSU winning and that's happened for YEARS around here.

I've said it before and I'll say it again as long as it holds true, 99.9% of all OU fans are the same.....living in the past, any year that doesn't end in a natty is a rebuilding year, refer to another teams loss or misfortune when confronted about an OU loss, blame the refs, blame the portal, etc.

and there we have more "objectivity" lol. Do you know how retarded it sounds to say you are objective but then say 99.9% of a population is a certain way? I mean, I've found OSU fans to be some really biter and toxic people, again, it's pretty easy to reference how some have acted in this thread, not some magical social media group.

It should be the same the same for every team.....do what it takes to get it done, from recruiting to coaches to staff to play calling on both sides of the ball, all of it, now including paying enough NIL to stay. If one or more of those things doesn't happen, teams lose and it's that simple, black and white.

I'll remember this when Gundy and Co (more than they already have that is) are whining about NIL, recruiting, and the portal when they won't be able to compete for anything other than 2nd or 3rd. But in all honestly, I didn't make any of those excuses after this game. Didn't really see anyone else do that either.
"I do, SEC fans are brutal, to the point of being completely irrational"

... remember since OU and TX are now in the SEC and seem very proud to be in the SEC and all the "perks" that go along with it and not in the Little12 any longer, OU fans will be a nice fit. And sorry if you think I make things up and aren't a credible source. Hop out of your OU box and get on the web a little, you'll have to wear your objective glasses though.

What you seem to be missing is that social football boards can be toxic. I've been there, and moved on. People talk straight from their azz, many without any sort of basic sport knowledge, much less football. Don't get me wrong, I still cruise some of the more benign FB groups, but some of them are just downright toxic. If they are your go to for OU fan reference, then I'm happy for you, but you're full of it if you believe yourself to be "objective" or a worldly fan after visiting them lol.

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Reaction score
Not when it comes to OU lol. You literally bark about "what social media says" as a reference in a constant manner. Do you think social media is a good reference when saying you are objective? To give an example, do you think social media accurately represents all gun owners?

Don't divert, we're talking about OU fans, objectivity takes everything into account from all sources and goes from there. I've never one time said ALL OU fans ever.

Well.....one of the main Poke fans done got himself banned lol. Of course, we can go back through this thread and see the comments from last year. I know you think OSU fans are generally innocent, but those "orange colored glasses" must come off as you say. The two biggest jackasses in this thread last year were OSU fans, if you're objective as you say you are, you'll admit that.

No member here has ever been banned from comments made in the sports forum.

#objective lol.

You honestly need a reality check of what is said on this board. Good lord most OSU fans are completely enthralled with OU losing vs OSU winning and that's happened for YEARS around here.

I find great joy seeing OU fans reactions when they lose, I absolutely hate to see any player or coach lose because I know they work their butts off every week to win. I've said this multiple times here.

and there we have more "objectivity" lol. Do you know how retarded it sounds to say you are objective but then say 99.9% of a population is a certain way? I mean, I've found OSU fans to be some really biter and toxic people, again, it's pretty easy to reference how some have acted in this thread, not some magical social media group.

Post it up then.

I'll remember this when Gundy and Co (more than they already have that is) are whining about NIL, recruiting, and the portal when they won't be able to compete for anything other than 2nd or 3rd. But in all honestly, I didn't make any of those excuses after this game. Didn't really see anyone else do that either.

What you seem to be missing is that social football boards can be toxic. I've been there, and moved on. People talk straight from their azz, many without any sort of basic sport knowledge, much less football. Don't get me wrong, I still cruise some of the more benign FB groups, but some of them are just downright toxic. If they are your go to for OU fan reference, then I'm happy for you, but you're full of it if you believe yourself to be "objective" or a worldly fan after visiting them lol.

Some here are no different than FB and IG and X.....

I replied between your replies above in the quote also.
Some OU fans seem to have this distorted idea that other schools are jealous of what OU has......or was. It sucks that fans make the programs this way, just win or lose and root for your team either way. Dillon Gabriel's girl friend didn't even go to the games, she said on her tiktok that it's all too stressful lol.

Also noticed that you didn't reply to my reply about the "member who wears the Crimson glasses poll" lol.

Screenshot_20231229_123816_Facebook.jpg
Screenshot_20231229_123811_Facebook.jpg
Screenshot_20231229_123638_Facebook.jpg
Screenshot_20231229_123140_Facebook.jpg
Screenshot_20231229_123619_Facebook.jpg

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Don't divert, we're talking about OU fans, objectivity takes everything into account from all sources and goes from there. I've never one time said ALL OU fans ever.

Why are you being obtuse? You literally just said 99.9% of OU fans.... .which is what you say frequently. Sorry, but you're not "objective" in any way when it comes to OU.... lol. And that's OK though.

No member here has ever been banned from comments made in the sports forum.

That's not what I said. I'm making the point that it's more quiet now because one of the more obnoxious Pokes got himself banned lol.

I find great joy seeing OU fans reactions when they lose,

And there you have it. Thank you for the honesty. The "I'm Objective" part was getting tiresome.

Post it up then.

Knock yourself out. Just look at ol psstmaster's and Boaty's posts from last year.

Some here are no different than FB and IG and X.....

Yeah, I can see how someone could "objectively" draw that conclusion given the comments on this board in the last 24hrs.

Dillon Gabriel's girl friend didn't even go to the games, she said on her tiktok that it's all too stressful lol.

Just STOP.... you're embarrassing yourself.

1703879398482.png

1703879426865.png

1703879493334.png

1703879556512.png

1703879575657.png

Latest posts

Top Bottom