Conceal carry permit Alcohol/Controlled substance rules

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RETOKSQUID

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Now if you are taking an anti depressant you should not be eligible.
That is under Mood I believe.

My sister should never have a hand gun license then..good thing :)

Not everyone that takes an anti depressant does so for depression. Cymbalta for example is used for chronic pain control, others are used to help prevent migraines.

If a person is truly a threat/danger to themselves or others and will always be, then it should be mandatory for the treating physician AND the person's family to report this to the courts in order to start the adjudication process. It has been my experience that many do not.

Last edited:

farmerbyron

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
As I've said before you cant have your cake and eat it too. Either have your CCW or your MMJ card, not both.

So people should choose between security and their health. Seems legit....

I fully realize many get their card for recreational purposes but honestly, who gives a sh*t? No victim, no crime. Then in cases where MMJ actually prevents seizures or allows someone undergoing cancer treatment the ability to eat, the state is actually the one victimizing the citizen by denying their right to self defense.

dirtrider73068

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have depression and anti depressant, with out it I just get low feeling, no energy to do anything or will sleep alot, I don't get that feeling of harming myself or others. Those around me or have dealt with it know and understand its not as bad as you think depression is and some cases are easy to treat.

AKguy1985

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
So people should choose between security and their health. Seems legit....

I fully realize many get their card for recreational purposes but honestly, who gives a sh*t? No victim, no crime. Then in cases where MMJ actually prevents seizures or allows someone undergoing cancer treatment the ability to eat, the state is actually the one victimizing the citizen by denying their right to self defense.

I didnt say I agreed with it. But that is the state's stance on it.

Latest posts

Top Bottom