Concealed Carry Handbook

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

blutch

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Since we are discussing competence in my other thread, I thought I would start one about a book I am almost done with. It is called the Concealed Carry Handbook by Chris Bird.

I think it is fantastic, but what do I know? :-)

Anyone read it and what do you think? It seems very thorough to me and I really like the fact that he uses real world scenarios to demonstrate just about every point he makes.

Easy read and very informative. Next on my list is Massad Aboud (sp?) and his Defensive Pistol Shooting book from Gun Digest. I've browsed it and the thing I like about it over the Bird book is that he includes lots of drills.

B

Rod Snell

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
As I tell my math students who want to learn by watching me and reading the book:

Trying to learn algebra or shooting by reading a book is like trying to do the same with tennis , weightlifting, or sex.

Knowledge is a great thing, but sooner or later you need some directed practice and feedback. :thumbup3:

BadgeBunny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Best to be prepared through both classroom and lab.

This works for me. I am a doer. GC can show me a hundred times how to do something and it will not "stick". Give me a book, let me read about it (classroom) then show me (lab) and I own it forever.

I guess everybody is different though. I have a friend who would rather die than read about something. He just figures it out by trial and error. I am too ADHD for that! LOL

Iwant1

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Since we are discussing competence in my other thread, I thought I would start one about a book I am almost done with. It is called the Concealed Carry Handbook by Chris Bird.

I think it is fantastic, but what do I know? :-)

Anyone read it and what do you think? It seems very thorough to me and I really like the fact that he uses real world scenarios to demonstrate just about every point he makes.

Easy read and very informative. Next on my list is Massad Aboud (sp?) and his Defensive Pistol Shooting book from Gun Digest. I've browsed it and the thing I like about it over the Bird book is that he includes lots of drills.

B

Where is the best place to purchase this Conceal Carry Handbook?

blutch

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Been a few years since I read it, but IIR it was a fairly decent read. Checked it out from the county library so it may have been an early edition.

The best thing I've read in a while is here: http://www.tdsatulsa.com/courses.php

What is IIR? Book title?

Are there things to read on the TDSA training site other than the course descriptions? Perhaps I missed the content to which you are referring. Thanks for the link though. Great videos on there.
B

KOPBET

Duck of Death
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
What is IIR? Book title?

Are there things to read on the TDSA training site other than the course descriptions? Perhaps I missed the content to which you are referring. Thanks for the link though. Great videos on there.
B

IIR = If I recall.

The content I was referring to was the great line up of course offerings by TDSA. If you could make it over this way for training, I highly recommend them.

Latest posts

Top Bottom