Couldn’t resist. 1965 F100 project

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

xseler

These are not the firearms you're looking for.
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Had a tan & white '63 with a 292 V8. Everything was wore plumb out! Paid $150 for it. Used it as a hunting vehicle when I was in high school. One of those trucks you didn't mind to scratch or bounce it into a tree. Sold it for $300 when I was through with it.

Mr.Glock

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Ugh. I'll never understand it. The 4BT would be cool, but nothing makes an interesting Ford project uninteresting to me more is by sticking an LS in it. Too many cool Ford engines.

They are just too easy. That’s why people like em. And the aftermarket support like Holley EFI and such makes it a no brainer. Plus they can be made to run hard on the cheap too.

Now I am all about a 4BT, but I was to do one it be the 6bt. I put a 4bt in a Jeep and it did great off road, but would take some money to make it be enjoyable on the street. Unlike the 6bt that would make that truck move good and the 6bt left stock.

TANSTAAFL

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
They are just too easy. That’s why people like em. And the aftermarket support like Holley EFI and such makes it a no brainer. Plus they can be made to run hard on the cheap too.

Now I am all about a 4BT, but I was to do one it be the 6bt. I put a 4bt in a Jeep and it did great off road, but would take some money to make it be enjoyable on the street. Unlike the 6bt that would make that truck move good and the 6bt left stock.

No LS. No 4BT or 6BT. How about Boss 9 or old school FE? Sorry, die hard big block Ford fan. The Boss 9 would be expensive, an old 390 much more affordable and has many Shelby Goodies available. Even a Coyote or Godzilla would be preferrable to an LS. I will admit, the LS is a good engine, but there are many just as good if not better.

At the end of the day though it is your truck, not mine. If I won the lotto I would buy the truck from you and save it from being defiled by a Chevy or Cummins.

In spite of all that happy for you and hope it is a fun project!

16colt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I went w/ a 351 Windsor and C6 transmission from a 1985 F150 to put in my 1963 F100. It was bored and stroked to a 393 prior to install, along w/ several other modifications.

Engine.jpg

Latest posts

Top Bottom