Cyclists

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stewartglock

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I will admit up front I have not read all 6 pages of this thread, but I about smoked a lady that was jogging in the road at 5:00 AM the other morning on my way to work. I was cresting a hill as another car was starting down the hill so its headlights were shining in my eyes. As I crest the hill I see her and her reflective belt on the side of the road yelling at me and flipping the bird. I understand she was upset and if you are reading this I apologize, but a little advice, don't run in the road at 5:00 AM. Especially when you are 100 yards from jogging trails. I honestly would have felt REALLY bad had I heaven forbid actually hit her.

Shoot Summ

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I will admit up front I have not read all 6 pages of this thread, but I about smoked a lady that was jogging in the road at 5:00 AM the other morning on my way to work. I was cresting a hill as another car was starting down the hill so its headlights were shining in my eyes. As I crest the hill I see her and her reflective belt on the side of the road yelling at me and flipping the bird. I understand she was upset and if you are reading this I apologize, but a little advice, don't run in the road at 5:00 AM. Especially when you are 100 yards from jogging trails. I honestly would have felt REALLY bad had I heaven forbid actually hit her.

Funny part about that, is that if you almost hit her, she was running on the wrong side of the road. We learned from a very early age when walking or running you tend to go against the traffic, that way you can see what is coming. But many have either forgotten this, or chose to ignore the benefits of it...

Shoot Summ

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
How often do you use River Trails?

I get the feeling you have no idea how crowded it can get at peak use times. Bicycles are different, than feet, you see. This is why the paths are separate. The last couplefew posts of yours are remarkably brilliant. By brilliant I mean bright & shiny examples of waterheadedness - not brilliant as in clever.

I'm guessing he also has never seen a parent trying to teach their kid how to ride a bike on that path, letting the kid swerve from one edge to the other. Ignoring all of the people coming or going behind them.

Or the people who want to take up the whole path, walking side by side, holding hands. Letting their dogs on extendable leashes take out 20 feet of line across the path.

As has been well documented. People are assholes, doesn't matter their choice of transportation.

People who haven't used the trails are clueless. I'm very thankful that Tulsa has invested in such a great resource.

And even with a separate bike lane on the trails, there are still issues as others have stated. Which further supports the thoughts that there are jack asses everywhere...

Raoul Duke

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Somewhere in the stillborn state of Sequoyah
I'm very thankful that Tulsa has invested in such a great resource.

Isn't 114 miles of trails at a cost of $18,000,000 for an amenity regularly used by less than 1%(which doesn't even include money the city has spent on other complimentary items like stationary bike racks and bus bike racks) enough?

How is this any different than the gubmit picking publicly subsidized, privately profitable winners and losers like with the stimulus and too big too fail bailouts that everybody was outraged about that seems to have really only benefited a different 1%?

Oh, and how could I forget to mention these gems from Goal #2 from the pedal pumpers manifesto:

Employ “Bicycles may use full lane” signs

An exception to the requirement that a bicyclist ride “as far right as is safe"

Add “motor” before “vehicle” to the ordinance relating to impeding traffic so that this ordinance does
not apply to bicycles

So basically in the world according to the pedal pumpers, the rules of the road shouldn't apply to them(just everyone else) and they rule the road?

An inflated sense of personal entitlement and superiority leads to an expectation to be exempted from the expectations that everyone else are supposed to live by, I guess.

tntrex

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I saw police give some bicyclists tickets in college one day. It was amusing as hell. They was blowing thru stop sign at pedestrian crosswalk. Some kids were actually cheering.

Latest posts

Top Bottom