Cyclists

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jon3830

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Not trolling. Not spam.

Has anyone seen Santa?

There is a person in Tulsa I have seen on multiple occasions riding a bike north on Memorial dressed as Santa.
tapatalk.imageshack.com_v2_14_10_01_d70b4590eec8225c1f8f97901646bc86.jpg

RidgeHunter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The diesel vid is not really on topic for this thread and pretty much shows that at least one diesel truck enthusiast is a *********.

Since we're all having fun generalizing, ALL diesel truck enthusiasts are douchebags. If a real motorsports enthusiast own a diesel truck, it's called a tow rig, and they use it to tow a real off-road vehicle or race car. They don't "roll coal" or have stickers about "cummin' and strokin'". They have trailer hitches, and not pipe holders for rebel flags. If there is a piece of pipe with a diameter greater than a dinner plate in their truck, it's called a culvert, and they are doing landscape work. It's not their new exhaust. The cup holder will have a coffee mug, not a MONSTER ENERGY DRINK.

Though you are free to ride a bike and take advantage of it just as freely as RidgeHunter or Paul Tay. It's not like it's restricted to only the present cyclist community.

Hey, why am I being lumped in with Tay? :D

Thread makes me want to go ride.

RidgeHunter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I used to ***** about cyclists until I became one and I realized an average bike ride puts me in contact with more ******* drivers than the average drive puts me in contact with ******* cyclists.

My favorite is a one (1) block section on a dedicated bike route near my house. It's downhill, speed limit 25MPH. I will be going 22-27MPH halfway to the stop sign. Without fail, a car will pass me in that 1 block, and jam on the brakes in front of me. It's like they see a bike and all they think is CARS ARE FASTER THAN BIKES WHY AM I BEHIND IT SKKKEEERTTTT.

COZICAN

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I used to ***** about cyclists until I became one and I realized an average bike ride puts me in contact with more ******* drivers than the average drive puts me in contact with ******* cyclists.

My favorite is a one (1) block section on a dedicated bike route near my house. It's downhill, speed limit 25MPH. I will be going 22-27MPH halfway to the stop sign. Without fail, a car will pass me in that 1 block, and jam on the brakes in front of me. It's like they see a bike and all they think is CARS ARE FASTER THAN BIKES WHY AM I BEHIND IT SKKKEEERTTTT.

Thats why we need a "like" button. I'm not a cycilist but thats funny.

COZICAN

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

Thats funny sh%$

donner

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Oh jeebus, not one of the Tulsa's glorious advisorycronyism committees, I hope.

If you served on the one that advised Tulsa to adopt it's new convoluted, corrupt, clusterfawk of a solution in search of a problem to benefit the contractors and not the customers trash service, you ought to be tarred and feathered.

But that would explain why you are currently a resident of Misery.

Nope, i'm on the Pathways Commission in Oxford MS. We don't have any power other than working with the city to identify pedestrian/cyclist/motorist problems and craft solutions. We're working on a Complete Streets project right now that works to ensure projects being developed (roads, neighborhoods, etc) meet with the city's 20 year vision and provide for cycling and pedestrian infrastructures when possible. It's a college town, so lots of people bike and walk to campus, town and other events.

It's lots of little things like they built a new elementary school on one side of the highway with no means of crossing under the overpass for people walking, despite having a neighborhood not 100 yards from the highway. Lots of parents want to walk their kid to school (or let them walk) but not if they haven't built any sideways. Stuff like that.

Boehlertaught

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
OK, here it is. Both sides of the issue listen close! WAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHH

Oh, RidgeHunter, you get the bingo dude. That's funny. I too and a cyclist and I've seen the same thing. Others here are right, cyclist can be dicks...big ones. And wearing bike shorts doesn't hide them...that was a hint ladies. Hey, just kidding. Seriously though, the cars vs cyclist is a not debate in most any community...particularly Sand Springs, OK. The issue won't ever go away so let's keep this thread going!

Shootin 4 Fun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

You really like contacting assholes, don't ya?

Latest posts

Top Bottom