Depression

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Biggsly

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I am glad to hear that you are doing good. Don't be afraid to reach out on a bad day and remember that people care. Make sure you stay or your meds. They will help a ton. Congrats on the new start brother.

gunnut

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Hey everyone. I am doing alright. I have been going to therapy and I continue to be monitored by the VA weekly. I went to a movie this afternoon, the first time I have been to the movies all year. Darn, I think I even smiled and laughed today.

I was medically cleared to return to work last Tuesday, but my work has me on paid administrative leave until further notice and won't let me return to work until my doctor provides them with medical documentation regarding my hospitalization and subsequent treatment. My doctor has stated that I am cleared to return to work with no restrictions and sees no requirement to provide them with such documentation. For my doctor to provide any other documentation on my medical status, it will require 3 months of treatment under my physician per VA policy. I tried going by the office today to drop off some paperwork but my key no longer worked. I found out my employer had the locks changed the very next day after I disclosed my mental disability to my employer and requested protection under the Americans with Disabilities Act. My position is that my doctor has cleared me to return to work with no restrictions. Any other demand for me to provide medical information is discrimination by disability. Plus I am now refused from returning to work until such medical documentation is provided. So, I am getting paid to not be at work, until such time otherwise notified that I am eligible to return to work. But I have been keeping busy... coming up with ideas to spend my settlement money on! :)

3inSlugger

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Glad to hear that you personally have been getting better. But I am sad to hear that your employer reacted in the way he/they did. But your #1 priority is YOU, and I am so glad you did make it so.

If I may ask, what line of work are you in (no company names, just what the business did)?

gunnut

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I am a Federal government employee with career status, 17 years of working for the USA, 9 years in the same office I am currently with. Currently employed by one of the Departments under the Executive Branch.

3inSlugger

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I am a Federal government employee with career status, 17 years of working for the USA, 9 years in the same office I am currently with. Currently employed by one of the Departments under the Executive Branch.

So are they worried about a security issue?!?
Sounds like if your doctor clears you, then they don't have any grounds to pull that BS on you, do they?

Hobbes

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Hey everyone. I am doing alright. I have been going to therapy and I continue to be monitored by the VA weekly. I went to a movie this afternoon, the first time I have been to the movies all year. Darn, I think I even smiled and laughed today.

I was medically cleared to return to work last Tuesday, but my work has me on paid administrative leave until further notice and won't let me return to work until my doctor provides them with medical documentation regarding my hospitalization and subsequent treatment. My doctor has stated that I am cleared to return to work with no restrictions and sees no requirement to provide them with such documentation. For my doctor to provide any other documentation on my medical status, it will require 3 months of treatment under my physician per VA policy. I tried going by the office today to drop off some paperwork but my key no longer worked. I found out my employer had the locks changed the very next day after I disclosed my mental disability to my employer and requested protection under the Americans with Disabilities Act. My position is that my doctor has cleared me to return to work with no restrictions. Any other demand for me to provide medical information is discrimination by disability. Plus I am now refused from returning to work until such medical documentation is provided. So, I am getting paid to not be at work, until such time otherwise notified that I am eligible to return to work. But I have been keeping busy... coming up with ideas to spend my settlement money on! :)
Well, hopefully the situation doesn't degrade into a mere "settlement".
The best outcome would be for you to return to work knowing you have overcome a difficult period in your life and that makes you all the more valuable both as a person and an employee.

Latest posts

Top Bottom