Depression

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bettingpython

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
You go gunnut, keep on keepin on till you get there. Sometimes you never get where you want to be but enjoy the ride.
If you realize all your dreams you didn't aim high enough is my personal opinion, I keep trying to get there.

My wife asked me once what the best day of my life was, I told her I don't know I haven't lived all of them yet.

I never served in the military so I don't know what PTSD is like. I fought with depression a time or two in my life and thought it wasn't worth going on any longer. Fortunately my attempt failed, because I have had some pretty damn good days since that time. One of these days on my death bed I hope to be able to look back and tell my wife what my best day was but it won't be anytime soon. And it won't be by my own hand.

J.P.

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I can't remember if I've already lent me experience or expertise to this thread.
Ironically the thought of going back thru' the pages to see seems rather depressing itself.

Anyway, I've had my share of serious depression based struggles.....no fun at all.
After having done so, I regret the fact that I couldn't accurately understand it before I actually experienced it because of the way I viewed and/or treated others who were going thru' it........yup, I'm sorry for that.

bettingpython

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
You go gunnut, keep on keepin on till you get there. Sometimes you never get where you want to be but enjoy the ride.
If you realize all your dreams you didn't aim high enough is my personal opinion, I keep trying to get there.

My wife asked me once what the best day of my life was, I told her I don't know I haven't lived all of them yet.

I never served in the military so I don't know what PTSD is like. I fought with depression a time or two in my life and thought it wasn't worth going on any longer. Fortunately my attempt failed, because I have had some pretty damn good days since that time. One of these days on my death bed I hope to be able to look back and tell my wife what my best day was but it won't be anytime soon. And it won't be by my own hand.

I wish I had come back and found my post in your thread and taken it to heart.

mightymouse

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Nope. But at least I finally know whats wrong with me and am getting help. 1 day at a time.
One day at a time is about all any of us can ask for, so you are on the right track. Seek the help you need, ask for help when you need it, and heed the wisdom of your own words, please: "And it won't be by my own hand." You are among friends here, so don't hesitate to ask for anything you may need.

Latest posts

Top Bottom