Ducks!!!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

870WingBlaster

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Sunday I got a drake gadwall and a drake ringneck. This morning a got a lone hen mallard. Slow going, but as they say "a poor day of hunting beats a good day at work!" I need to get a few more for thanksgiving day. Yum yum.

Porter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Very nice, nothing like spending time with your water dog...............and friends:)

Good lookin hound ya got there Porter!

That's my friend's dog Annie. Mine is a little passed her prime and I only get her out on easier hunts these days.

Here's a pic of Belle from a couple of years ago.
i36.photobucket.com_albums_e33_ripple420_photo.jpg

bernardderek

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I went out today by myself and I was able to bag one drake shoveler. I should of had a limit but my shotgunning skills are lacking at the moment. lol. Overall it was an amazing time for my first time out. :)

i1184.photobucket.com_albums_z335_bernardderek_e892fbfa.jpg

i1184.photobucket.com_albums_z335_bernardderek_cdc9bd5b.jpg

WNM

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
So how did everyone do this weekend.

We had 3 in the blind Saturday morning, got to have some coffee and watch the eclipse. Got our limit by 8:45. 4 mallards, two pintails, and the rest gadwalls. Was a fine day indeed.

r00s7a

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I got out Saturday and Sunday morn. Pretty slow where I was. Ended up with a limit of mallards Saturday and a **** duck. Sunday I killed the only two ducks that came into the deeks, hen and drake mallard. Beautiful weekend for it, nice and sunny, but pretty still.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Well, let me start out by saying the last time I went duck hunting, lead shot was legal. How long ago was that?
My buddy has been deer hunting on a place that has a big pond that has been covered in ducks and geese. He talked me into going, so got the permits, got the steel shot, and went out. With the 19 degree night, all of the ponds were frozen, so we went home, and bought some lumber to build a duck blind. three hours later, the blind was built. Loaded it on a trailer, and went back. It was still frozen, so we put it off and decided to get the dogs into some pheasant fields. On the way I spotted a pond on a place where we can hunt that wasn't frozen. Little pond, thats ony 70' in diameter, but it must be spring fed at its full. There must have been 200 mallards on it, so we snuck up below the dam, and popped over the top. I dropped two on the first shot, and one on the second. My buddy dropped three as well. We got his 1yr old white lab out of the truck, and got to see her make some blind retreives. All that yard training paid off, as this was her first time to actually retreive a duck.
Went on to the CRP areas, and got good points from my Brittany, but all were hens. First pic is of the blind under construction, and the second, my birds.

[Broken External Image]

img.photobucket.com_albums_v252_dennishoddy_05ebc923.jpg

bernardderek

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Had a great time today. Shot a two man limit but for the life of us couldn't find two cripples that went down. So frustrating! Had a ton of pintails landing in the pond but for some reason would not decoy for us. They would act like they were interested and work the decoys for 2 or so passes and than land 50yds away. Oh well.

i1184.photobucket.com_albums_z335_bernardderek_df9931f6.jpg

Latest posts

Top Bottom