Filet Mignon

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rare or Medium-Rare?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
If you could drive your FWD economy car across town in 6" of snow and eat a bloody hunk of cold meat, that would make you a man among men on OSA. A hero and a legend.

How would you like that cooked, sir?

Goddamnit, don't you see that I drove here in a Honda civic on treated roads after a light snowfall? Didn't you hear the clanging of brass as I walked through the doors of this pantywaist establishment?

Raw and cold it is, sir. Raw and cold it is.

By god, let me pull up in my 8mpg 4x4 and give me the best piece of meat you've got, burn it..... and you got some A1?? No? How about ketchup? Whatcha got to drink? Kurs lieht?

RidgeHunter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
By god, let me pull up in my 8mpg 4x4 and give me the best piece of meat you've got, burn it..... and you got some A1?? No? How about ketchup? Whatcha got to drink? Kurs lieht?

tell me more about how sophisticated and cultured yet ruggedly masculine you are baby

True. And don’t forget the order of ghost peppers and a beer so thick and dark you’d swear it was tar to wash it all down.
Was it a FWD, or a 2WD pick-em-up truck that was more testosteroni in the deep snow?

It's like jazz music. Nobody likes listening to jazz music; they just like you to believe they like listening to jazz music.

[Broken External Image]

bettingpython

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I usually avoid chain casual dining, but my wife and I went there once and agree it was pretty darn good. Best service I have had in a LONG time - the little waitress was great. The food was way better than the other similar places (Logan's, Texas, Sante Fe, Lone Star, Saltgrass).

Yep Longhorn was a pleasant surprise.

We usually buy a 12~16 oz ribeye at whole foods on Sunday when we grocery shop. Salt, pepper and beat it with the tenderizer on both sides 2 minutes 45 seconds per side over charcoal with the grill lid down at 500 degrees and it's a glorious tender medium rare.

I only wish I could afford a 4 wheel drive so I'll just chain up and drive my 2wd again this year.

okiebertt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I guess I'm one of the wussy boys, I'll take my steak (or any other meat) done. Rare is just one of those fancy words (probably French) for raw. With all the food borne illnesses I read about, I'm not taking a chance on a bloody steak. There are good reasons why the FDA and USDA recommend minimum safe internal temperature for meats.

CHenry

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I guess I'm one of the wussy boys, I'll take my steak (or any other meat) done. Rare is just one of those fancy words (probably French) for raw. With all the food borne illnesses I read about, I'm not taking a chance on a bloody steak. There are good reasons why the FDA and USDA recommend minimum safe internal temperature for meats.
Been eating rare steaks for 40 years and never been ill. Its hamburger than you really need to cook well.

Dave70968

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Black and blue: well-caramelized on the outside, rare enough on the inside that it can still be saved by a competent veterinarian. It takes a very hot fire to do this right.

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
With all the food borne illnesses I read about, I'm not taking a chance on a bloody steak. There are good reasons why the FDA and USDA recommend minimum safe internal temperature for meats.

Yes, because the government knows what's best for us. :D

bernardderek

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

http://www.foodsafety.gov/keep/charts/mintemp.html

States that the proper temp for steaks is 145 degrees F.

http://www.amazingribs.com/tips_and_technique/meat_temperature_guide.html

Shows that 145degrees is medium. That would make the steak a medium cooked steak. Try it sometime I bet you will like it. :)

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
tell me more about how sophisticated and cultured yet ruggedly masculine you are baby

I don't always eat steak but when I do..... it's rare.

i1.sndcdn.com_artworks_000005670564_tqg1tf_crop.jpg_ec3687700859eff277a064ac15ef22b9.jpg

Latest posts

Top Bottom