Filet Mignon

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rare or Medium-Rare?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Danny Tanner

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've never had filet but i like my steaks medium rare

I also get my steaks medium rare, but with filet mignon I guess the rule is to get it cooked one stage under what you would normally have due to reasons already mentioned here. I've had filets before, but always had them medium rare. I was hoping to be pushed over the edge to try rare (I've never had a rare steak). Within 5 minutes of Dusting Aunder's comment, I put my order in for a rare filet. Can't see how it turns out.

RidgeHunter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Me too. The “measure of a man” threads crack me up.

If you could drive your FWD economy car across town in 6" of snow and eat a bloody hunk of cold meat, that would make you a man among men on OSA. A hero and a legend.

How would you like that cooked, sir?

Goddamnit, don't you see that I drove here in a Honda civic on treated roads after a light snowfall? Didn't you hear the clanging of brass as I walked through the doors of this pantywaist establishment?

Raw and cold it is, sir. Raw and cold it is.

JonN06

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If you could drive your FWD economy car across town in 6" of snow and eat a bloody hunk of cold meat, that would make you a man among men on OSA. A hero and a legend.

Goddamnit, don't you see that I drove here in a Honda civic on treated roads after a light snowfall? Didn't you hear the clanging of brass as I walked through the doors of this pantywaist establishment?

The waiter rode in on his vespa...

cjjtulsa

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

True. And don’t forget the order of ghost peppers and a beer so thick and dark you’d swear it was tar to wash it all down.
Was it a FWD, or a 2WD pick-em-up truck that was more testosteroni in the deep snow?

ripnbst

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I usually avoid chain casual dining, but my wife and I went there once and agree it was pretty darn good. Best service I have had in a LONG time - the little waitress was great. The food was way better than the other similar places (Logan's, Texas, Sante Fe, Lone Star, Saltgrass).

I bounce back and forth between Longhorn and Outback. They are two places that typically have good service and good food.

Latest posts

Top Bottom