Filet Mignon

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rare or Medium-Rare?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

bettingpython

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Filet Mignon does not have enough fat content to hold up to a medium rare, it gets too tough. Rare is the way to go.

My ribeye's I do to the rare side of medium rare. 5 minutes and 30 seconds over charcoal.

RidgeHunter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The only difference between man and other animals is we discovered how to cook our meat on with fire. Ya'll gross. That "Blue Rare" pic is fawking disgusting.

I hate sitting across from someone at the table and being reminded of gutting a deer when the cavity is filled with blood while they eat their steak.

Danny Tanner

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The bigger problem is trying to find a place the cooks Rare to the right degree of done-ness. They seem to do medium-rare or blue-rare but not the actual rare. Medium-rare usually ends up medium :(

I liked Cattleman's because at least they could cook it right. I could order "Rare plus" which is between medium-rare and rare. They knew what I meant and would do it right.

Yeah, I'm going to The Patroleum Club in downtown. I've eaten there (the Orange Roughy is delicious!) but haven't tried the filet mignon, so I hope they do it as right as they do the roughy.

inactive

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I like longhorn for a quick decent steak. their western shrimp kicks a$$!

I usually avoid chain casual dining, but my wife and I went there once and agree it was pretty darn good. Best service I have had in a LONG time - the little waitress was great. The food was way better than the other similar places (Logan's, Texas, Sante Fe, Lone Star, Saltgrass).

Latest posts

Top Bottom