Good Nonstick Frying Pan

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mos Eisley

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have great, seasoned, cast iron pans...so I know the value of those. This is for making other things that aren't suited for cast iron. Forget all that...I want a HEAVY bottom, non stick, 5.5 Qt or larger, frying pan with a lid.

OKRuss

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
"non stick" as in you want the teflon coated ones? With those, IMO, you won't get a good sear on say scallops but everything will just slide right out. Our All Clad(d5 stainless) are non stick assuming you get the skillet to the proper temp before putting in the food. This is the one we use but it's 4 qt - the 5qt or 6qt are just too big for our needs. https://www.all-clad.com/d5-stainle...okware-chicken-fryer-with-screen-4-quart.html

They also have the coated skillets too.

Ready_fire_aim

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
As @OKRuss mentioned getting a skillet properly heated up first before putting food is critical. Especially with stuff like over easy eggs, etc

We’ve got a couple of the “hybrid” type skillets that the wife bought through pampered chef. They’re the clad type stainless heavy duty riveted handle etc… but they’ve got a different honeycomb nonstick pattern in them. They’re our most used skillets, we really like them.

Similar to this

OKRuss

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
We've got several Pampered Chef baking dishes and pizza stone but no skillets. But, the quality seems to be consistent so I'd bet if you could find something from them it would be a good investment. It took me a LONG time before I'd shell out $100 on a skillet!

acope

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have great, seasoned, cast iron pans...so I know the value of those. This is for making other things that aren't suited for cast iron. Forget all that...I want a HEAVY bottom, non stick, 5.5 Qt or larger, frying pan with a lid.
Lodge enamelware has been a pretty good choice for us. Not sure they have a frying pan at 5.5qt, but they have dutch ovens in that capacity.

V98

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The safest, healthiest and best option. Not the least expensive however!

CHenry

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I recently bought one of these and love it. They come in different sizes but dont have a lid.

1724359205707.png

Latest posts

Top Bottom