H&H Gunsmith - check work before you leave

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cowzrul

Distinguished 1998
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Dear lord, did I draw the peanut gallery in with my post. I apologize for sharing.

In no particular order -- I try not to micro manage every aspect of my life. I assume professionals do professional work. I don't buy tires I just buy new cars when the complimentary XM radio runs out. I did pull the trigger but didn't get hurt. It was two months because I truly only shoot 2 or 3 times a year. I work to much what can I say?

Cowcatcher

Unarmed boating accident survivor
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'm glad you didn't get hurt and I hope when you were chewing on em for reversing the front sight, you explained that they may be responsible for your hearing loss in whichever ear that boolit whizzed by. Good thing you didn't have it set on full-semi-auto.

druryj

In Remembrance / Dec 27 2021
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Just a heads up if you have anything done there you might want to check their work. I purchased an M&P M2.0 full size from them and brought in my own Dawson sights. Had the gunsmith put my sights on for me since I was there buying the pistol from them. Its been 2 months and I just took it out to the range along with my new M2.0 5". Dude put the front sight in backwards!

Remember: At the Gunsmithing School, you only have to get like a 70% or so to PASS. So you got the guy who squeaked by, it looks like.

Dear lord, did I draw the peanut gallery in with my post. I apologize for sharing.

In no particular order -- I try not to micro manage every aspect of my life. I assume professionals do professional work. I don't buy tires I just buy new cars when the complimentary XM radio runs out. I did pull the trigger but didn't get hurt. It was two months because I truly only shoot 2 or 3 times a year. I work to much what can I say?

Yes, you did draw the Peanut Gallery in. Congratulations. It happens a lot here, we have people who seem to live to scour the posts of others hoping to find just something, anything, no matter how minute, so they can whine or complain about it.

slas

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Reminds me of a story when my brother got his oil/filter changed at a Pittstop. They didn't screw the filter on tight and he was on a long trip and ended up on the side of the road with no oil. I guess by many posters standards he should have climbed under the car and examined for proper filter tension and not assumed it was done correctly. Point of the the story is that many of us just expect those so called "professionals" to be able to do their job. I guess I'm guilty like you and generally assume it's going to be done right.

magna19

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Reminds me of a story when my brother got his oil/filter changed at a Pittstop. They didn't screw the filter on tight and he was on a long trip and ended up on the side of the road with no oil. I guess by many posters standards he should have climbed under the car and examined for proper filter tension and not assumed it was done correctly. Point of the the story is that many of us just expect those so called "professionals" to be able to do their job. I guess I'm guilty like you and generally assume it's going to be done right.
That's not even close to the same as picking up a pistol from a gunsmith.