H&H Gunsmith - check work before you leave

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

slas

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Devil Dogs got my back. I appreciate that. I SHOULD have checked the sights. Probably should have installed them myself. And possibly shouldn't have posted something here. Oh well, rounds down range can't get it back.
What's sad is the negative blast you receive when trying to share something of value (H&H has bad gunsmiths) with the group.....probably will discourage others from sharing in the future. I guess the old saying, "let him who hasn't made a mistake throw the first troll comment" applies.....

Ignored Member

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I'm assuming, and I know I shouldn't do that buttttttt. I guess you guys that want to shoot against the OP, don't know what that is in his Avatar. You guys jumping on his back by not checking out the work that was done, first of all so what....it's his gun "Not Yours" Would I have check it out, most likely, maybe not. Just because a person does something different then you, when does it become a crime. The work he payed for was not done correctly, he was kind enough to give the members of this forum a heads up. Give him a break....

He was making it out like the gunsmith was the only one in the wrong in this scenario, so, he was called out.

surjimmy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The Gunsmith is the only one that is in the wrong. I know it's a good practice to check, but why should you have too. All these business today have where you the Customer has to do their work for them. From the local Wal-Mart to your phone service. You go to any fast food restaurant, they have where you clean up after yourself. If your phone, gas, electric bill etc is wrong you spend hours on the phone fixing their mistake. Why the need to call someone out on such petty thing to begin with.

rockchalk06

ʞlɒʜƆʞɔoЯ
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Seems like it happens a lot today. I love small gun shops and pawn shops. Stop by as many as I can and yes, you can still get lucky.
Not an issue with gunsmithing, but I stopped by a small gun shop/pawn shop before xmas. Good time to look as people are needing cash. Anyway, walked in an the owner (or worker) is talking with a buddy at the end of the counter. They had a neat looking lever action 30-30 on the rack that was interesting. Stood for a while and they kept talking about guns neither of them own or will ever own. I finally asked "can I see that gun" and the guy said "Only if you're going to buy it?"
I just said I'm not now...out I went. Bad attitude and bad business practices in a competitive market. Not good. Hope they do a lot of loans.

Same exact situation with a pawn shop east of my office. I was on a Glock 23 kick. They had one used for 4 bills. I ask to look and some little **** half my age says the same. I said my obligatory ETADK and walked out. Nice lady working the counter followed me out to the truck and pretty much begged me to give the shop another chance. Owners kid was the “mouth” and she was as the manager. Said she’s stuck between a Glock and nut case lol. Sold me the Glock and a case of ammo for less than what I had planned on paying for it.

To the OP. I’m not trying to bust your balls, but you really should have looked before you left. H&H to me, always seemed like they didn’t give a damn about return customers. That’s why I avoid them at all costs. I swear I’m going to catch a round in the back by the way they have that handgun range setup.

Ignored Member

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
The Gunsmith is the only one that is in the wrong. I know it's a good practice to check, but why should you have too. All these business today have where you the Customer has to do their work for them. From the local Wal-Mart to your phone service. You go to any fast food restaurant, they have where you clean up after yourself. If your phone, gas, electric bill etc is wrong you spend hours on the phone fixing their mistake. Why the need to call someone out on such petty thing to begin with.

The gunsmith is also human, so mistakes can be made on occasion.
Taking 5 seconds to look over the work you paid for on a brand new pistol isn't any trouble at all.

surjimmy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
IM: I agree maybe he should have looked. It just seems to me that here lately, if a member post anything on this site he gets his or her's B's busted(noticed how I said B's so I could include the women)lol..
steelfingers...If you get a chance go to 42nd and N. Western to the Drumroom, if you like fried chicken. It's the best.