HB2522: Open Carry

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

shooterdave

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Not all law enforcement officers are crack shots either. In each circumstance, it really depends on how much time the individual wants to spend on their own doing additional training, and how well they can perform under pressure.

On the subject at hand, I think an individual has less pressure, and more time to consider their responsive action during a life-threatening situation if their weapon is concealed. Open carry should be for uniformed officers only.

So, are you saying that individuals should not be allowed to open carry because it would put them in MORE danger? Even IF that were true, shouldn't that be an individual's decision to make? Not just another case of uncle sugar deciding what is best for the masses...

Jefpainthorse

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Not all law enforcement officers are crack shots either. In each circumstance, it really depends on how much time the individual wants to spend on their own doing additional training, and how well they can perform under pressure.

On the subject at hand, I think an individual has less pressure, and more time to consider their responsive action during a life-threatening situation if their weapon is concealed. Open carry should be for uniformed officers only.

This guy has never tried to dig a tiny mousegun out of a "smart carry", has he? That time take to "consider My responsive action during a life-threatning situation" is the time I am getting more beat, more cut, more shot or more killed....

David2012

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Col. Ludlow

On the subject at hand, I think an individual has less pressure, and more time to consider their responsive action during a life-threatening situation if their weapon is concealed. Open carry should be for anyone who darn well pleases.

There, I fixed it for you.
:laugh6: Agreed!

David2012

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Col. Ludlow

This has to be the dumbest statement in this whole thread

Me, I was thinking whole forum....
If that reasoning worked, all police officers would conceal carry! :tounge2:

Last edited:

elcaBob

Sharpshooter
Reaction score

I try HARD never to flame anybody. I've had my share of stupidity that was posted before I thought thoroughly. Howerver, that's one of the GD dumbest things I've ever seen.

abajaj11

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Official training is a misnomer. If you can fire 50 rds downrange without shooting yourself or someone else, you pass the concealed carry course. I'd hate to see some of these people actually draw a gun from concealment and shoot it. Anyone who carries a gun should train with it and be able to put the rounds on target but that doesn't change the Constitution. A lot of the "experts" teaching concealed carry now couldn't put all 50 rounds in the 8 ring or better on a B27 target at 7 yards.

The whole premise of the right to keep and bear arms is that we are all responsible people who can take care of ourselves, exercise reasonable judgment and know our limitations. That's the whole premise of the jury system as well, where our judgments can change someone's life. Awesome responsibility, if you think about it.
In France they don't have a jury system either. A judge can decide your fate, because he (and they are usually he) is an "expert". PLus they can keep you locked up on no charge for months....no hebeas corpus there!

You don't have to be a race car driver to own a car and know you can't do crazy things with it. Similarly, you don't have to keep 'em in the ten ring, to be allowed to keep and bear arms. Just know your limitations and use good judgment as a responsible citizen. Of course RKBA is acknowledged in the constitution as a God given right, unlike the privilege to be able to drive on public roads but just using driving here as an analogy.
:)

An armed society is a polite society where people are self reliant and crime is down, so the very large majority of people don't ever have to use their guns against anyone, unlike the more crazy "safer, gun free" societies where nobody (including the LEOs) have good training because they don't need it: after all, most people have never even seen a "real" gun! In such societies spray and pray gun shootings happen every time guns are used by LEOs or criminals.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Top Bottom