HB2522: Open Carry

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

doctorjj

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
interesting: House floor amendment 5/21/12

"MR. SPEAKER: I move that House Bill 2522 be committed back to the committee of origin with the following instructions:

1. Authorize members of the Oklahoma House of Representatives and Oklahoma Senate to carry a firearm on his or her person anywhere in the state of Oklahoma pursuant to the provisions provided for in House Bill 2522."

I hate any provision that give different protections or rights to members of the legislature. Why should they automatically be allowed to carry anywhere? I suppose they could even carry to professional sporting events? I can't, legally, even after passing my course.

vvvvvvv

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The original title was restored and SB2522 now mirrors SB1733 but with the addition of the part about the Atty General and Assts. If I didn't put the link in this thread then its in another that I posted the bill.

I know. I was clarifying what I assumed you meant by referring to yourself as not being sure about what it meant to restore title.

WTF???? Like some of our reps would even qualify for a permit! Heck, they balked at having to pass the drug screen...

Why should legislators be subject to a drug screen?

Fatboy Joe

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
interesting: House floor amendment 5/21/12

"MR. SPEAKER: I move that House Bill 2522 be committed back to the committee of origin with the following instructions:

1. Authorize members of the Oklahoma House of Representatives and Oklahoma Senate to carry a firearm on his or her person anywhere in the state of Oklahoma pursuant to the provisions provided for in House Bill 2522."

What are they worried about, the law already protects them. We can't carry in the capital and we can't carry in meetings with elected officials or appointed offcials.

hrdware

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
What are they worried about, the law already protects them. We can't carry in the capital and we can't carry in meetings with elected officials or appointed offcials.

First, let me say that if they want to carry in the capitol, I think they should remove state buildings from the prohibited places list and give all state workers the same benefit they themselves want.

Now, they don't want to have to leave the firearm in their car all day and walk out into the parking lot after dark without having the option of having their firearm with them. Guess Capitol Security may not be all it's cracked up to be.

Latest posts

Top Bottom